Senior Quality Engineer
Lloyds Banking Group
£50530 - £61530
Lloyds Banking Group
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Joining us as a Quality Engineer, you'll play a key role in driving quality software solutions into production.
You'll be continually challenged, motivated, mentored and supported and help define "Done" from a Quality perspective and deliver Test solutions in line with the Test Strategy and our QA Engineering principles.
With our breadth, reach and diversity, we can offer excellent opportunities for career growth and development. And we are looking for people who can seize those opportunities; you'll get plenty of support but it's about taking the initiative, building relationships and making it happen. Do this and you can help us make a positive difference to our customers, our colleagues and our communities.
So what would you be doing for us?
* Create Test artefacts in line with an agreed Test Strategy, writing automation Test scripts against user stories and maintaining Test traceability.
* Defining a Test process and designing and delivering an automation Test framework around continuous integration using Behaviour Driven Development methods.
* A focus on reducing risk and building confidence in the team and its stakeholders on the quality definition of the product.
* Identifying defects and working with the feature team to provide fixes preventing defect leakage. Helping to capture lessons learnt to prevent similar issues in the future.
* Ensure that Testing is conducted in a way which is consistent with - and exploits the collective frameworks, patterns and best practices that exist across the wider Test community
* Work with Software Engineers, Performance Engineers, Business Analysts, Product Owners, Architects and Designers as a part of the Feature Team.
* Open to new "thought process" and Change mindset, bring in new ways of working/ innovative and creative ways of delivering "Quality".
* Being a strong part of the QA Guild helping to build the community and building the capabilities of others.
* Leading junior colleagues within the QA guild and your team and ensuring the appropriate development and coaching in place to ensure the team across the directorate is successful.
* Ensuring your area of responsibility is aligned with overall test strategies and transformation, pushing boundaries and seeking opportunities to improve.
* Confidence to express own opinions, and be pragmatic about modifying them when appropriate
* Significant Problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills.
* Experience of working with stakeholders in and out of feature teams and projects building long lasting collaborative relationships.
* You will be a strong advocate of industry trends, innovation and continuous improvement demonstrating how we can remain competitive in a fast paced environment.
* Passion to lead and work collaboratively across the teams in order to align to the Digital Test Strategy and meet the overall goals of the Bank and Stakeholders.
What we need from you:
* Quality Assurance and Quality Engineering background with a deep knowledge of Test Lifecycle, Test Models, Best Practices, Test Benchmarking and Test Tools.
* Experience of leading and embedding Quality Transformation initiatives across multiple areas.
* Experience of working in a dynamic agile delivery environment Testing web applications.
* Experienced in defining Quality Engineering and Assurance deliverables producing quality Test artefacts.
* Technical specialist expertise with experience in BDD
* An automation first Test approach with a passion for driving productivity and a focus on reducing risk.
* Experience and knowledge across the entire Test Lifecycle including Quality Engineering, Performance Engineering, Test Data and Environments
* Excitement about enabling others to achieve greater results than one can achieve alone and being part of a wider delivery team responsible for end to end solutions.
* Proficient experience with toolsets including Selenium, Cucumber, Perfecto, Appium, Saucelabs, Blazemeter, Jenkins , CA Lisa, Jira and QC
If this is you, come and join our inclusive, values-led culture focused on making a difference.
Together we'll make it possible...
So what can we offer you in return?
Whatever your aspiration, you can also expect excellent benefits, personal development and a career that's enriching and full of opportunity.
You'll also receive a package that includes
* Car or car allowance of up to £4,080 per year
* Discretionary bonus between 15-30% of base pay
* Cash sum of 4% which you can exchange for a variety of benefits or simply take the cash
* Private Medical Insurance
* Pension, where we'll give up to a max of 13%
* Share plans
* 30 days holiday
Are you interested in joining us? Apply today, we'd love to hear from you...