Lloyds Banking Group
£61902 - £70150
Lloyds Banking Group
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
As the Bank moves to building out a strategic roadmap, both from an application infrastructure and tooling, Payments Fraud and Financial Crime Value Stream are embracing this and building capability to do enable this transformation. The Payment Microservices Team is an Agile based delivery team, building key strategic microservices for the Payments estate, supporting a number of Category A services for the organisation.
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer who can work within a dynamic team, to build, test, release and support microservices, using a DevOps toolchain.
A successful candidate will be a hands on software engineer taking on a technical engineering role, supporting the building, developing and maintaining of a highly productive software engineering team instilled with the ethos of delivering high quality solutions. He will take ownership for backlog items, quality of build and test and ensure error free deployments into the Production estate, seeking methods (tooling / reviews) to ensure high standards are maintained in line with expectations for High Availability, Group Critical solutions and will contribute to the support of the new platform.
He/She will also have a proven track record in Software Engineering, integration and introduction of 3rd Party packages/tools, coupled with solution configuration, message transformation and rules-based engineering into a production environment. He/She will have strong interpersonal skills, proven development and support experience with a thirst for developing self and mentoring colleagues to maximise their potential.
Deliver business value through sound and fully rounded engineering methods and principles, ensuring platforms and software are built consistently with relevant patterns and practices. Able to continually develop themselves with industry best practice methods and tooling used across their engineering teams.
Essential Skills & Requirements
* Strong Software Engineering including a support and service background
* Experience of agile, dev ops and non-agile development practices; automated build, continuous integration, code quality metrics, configuration management, etc.
* Technical and practical usage skills in Urban Code, Jenkins, Springboot, MQ, Websphere, Unix, Java, WAS and Jira/Confluence
* Experience of Payments schemes and services
* Experience of working in a Agile/feature team is also an advantage
* Identification and ownership of Operational Risks to Risk Manager
* Strong technical contribution and technical direction setting within your area of expertise
* A source of knowledge and practical implementation of High Availability systems
* Experience across the entire development lifecycle from inception, through build to live is essential
* Mentoring/coaching of colleagues and contributing to building a strong team culture
This role is a London based but the successful candidate would be expected to undertake some occasional travel depending on team demands.
* Support the leadership team in setting the strategic direction for how new DevOps tools, methods and standards are deployed across the platform
* Ensure that software is managed and configured/developed in a way which is consistent with - and exploits where possible - the collective frameworks, patterns and best practices that exist across the wider Engineering community
* Foster knowledge sharing within your team and the wider platform to provide solutions for complex business problems where no precedent may exist, and ensure implementation of solutions where appropriate
* Delivery of change, within and outside of value stream
* Support to the Scrum Master and Product Owner in development of the feature team capability
* Capable of co-ordinating a small team of 10+ colleagues and partners and providing technical direction
* A trusted advisor in PAS and platform related matters to stakeholders external to Engineering team, E.g. BUCF, Audit, Global Payments
* Engineering Leadership on 3rd Party relationships with partner, industry and software suppliers
* Mentor and develop software engineers, providing clear and constructive feedback and creating opportunities for learning and growth
Core Skills & Competencies
* Understand and direct how components and services are developed, tested and progressed within their Engineering discipline.
* Deliver business value through sound and fully rounded engineering methods and principles, ensuring platforms and software are built consistently with relevant patterns and practices.
* Accountable for patterns and practices to be communicated across wider Engineering Community.
* Understand and ensure industry best practices are understood by Engineering Community and related business functions.
* Develop own technical domain knowledge and take responsibility for own development journey and those of more junior Engineers.
* Typically operates in more complex environments.
* Experienced using and adopting a wide range of engineering practices and tools.
* Very comfortable teaching others about engineering best practice and being seen as a role model.
* Has a high level of technical maturity and is on the forefront of emerging technology and how it can benefit Lloyds Banking Group.