Test Equipment Software Engineer
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Role: Test Equipment Software Engineer
Duration: 12 months
Working as part of a small team of test equipment software engineers, the candidate will provide software support for existing automation of test equipment software including fault finding and software updates. The work will include working in the electrical labs as part of the software development. They will also be expected to produce/contribute to associated documentation as and when required.
Reporting to the software technical leader, the candidate shall be expected to be pro-active and able to work both on their own with minimal supervision. Equally they shall also be able to work within an overall team environment when inevitable co-operation is required.
* Authoring and modification of new/existing test equipment software within a Production environment.
* Configuration control of software source artefacts.
* Production of associated software documentation.
* Production of software baselines as part of the software release process.
* Software/Hardware integration.
* Close collaboration with hardware engineers to joint work on and solve technical issues.
* Planning of own day to day activities.
* Producing test equipment software within a production environment.
* Production of software documentation to company standards.
* Configuration control of software artefact and documentation.
* Working to cost and schedule as determined by the project management.
* Tracking and reporting (to tech lead) of task progress including the identification of any risks and suggesting suitable risk mitigation.
Qualifications / Requirements:
* Ability to pro-actively work within both a team environment and equally on their own
* C/C++ experience (5+ years)
* Software Automation of Test Equipment within a Production Environment
* Configuration control experience (ideally Serena Dimensions but not essential)
* Software/Hardware integration experience
* Familiar with GE processes and tools
* Formal Software Release process
* Team lead experience / technical leadership
* Exposure to full software lifecycle