Senior UX Designer
£500 - £550
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Role: Senior UX/UI Designer
Duration: 3-6 months
Start Date: ASAP
Are you excited at the thought of taking on complex design challenges? Are you interested in the financial and risk machinery which drives our economic system and delivers true value to our users?
This is a challenging role for a Senior UX/UI designer, who will join us armed with 5+ years of commercial or public sector experience and an outstanding portfolio.
The role is in the Experience UX Design team, based in London. The team is responsible for design across a wide range of systems and products. We work closely with both the proposition/strategy teams as well as the product management and technology teams.
We are interested both in designers who are stronger in research and conceptual design, and those whose strength is in UI design, visual design, and perhaps front-end coding (for prototyping/testing). We have a balance of skills across the team and welcome a different combination of skills in each designer who joins.
You will work closely with a core team of senior designers who together have a great deal of experience working on complex desktop and web applications, and in designing for finance and risk professionals. With the mentoring and support we can provide within the team, we're happy to welcome designers with no experience in the financial or risk area, as long as they have the appetite for the kind of complex work we regularly take on.
* Leverage your toolkit of interaction design approaches on full-cycle design and delivery projects, from product definition through to execution and deployment.
* Conduct design research as appropriate, utilising all our sources of information from users, subject-matter experts, published research to analytics.
* Develop a strong working understanding of how finance and risk professionals go about their work, and how they use our and competitors' products.
* Communicate your designs to business stakeholders, backing your decisions with strong rationale and evidence.
* Work closely with development teams on the execution of UI designs.
* Create prototypes and mockups in different media, depending on your skills and experience, to help convey product vision and to test solutions.
* And of course, continually share and align your work with the wider design team.
* Have a degree, preferably to Masters level, in design or a relevant discipline, plus 5+ years experience. We do appreciate there are ways into experience design outside of formal education. Whatever the route you've taken, you should have a grip on the discipline's body of knowledge.
* Highly creative, detail-oriented, passionate about delivering the best user experience possible.
* Have experience of conducting design research, user testing, or other user engagement activities.
* Are a proficient user of Sketch, Axure, or equivalent wireframing and prototyping tools.
* Have a strong appetite for complexity, for thinking about operating systems, for grids, numbers, forms, and for disentangling workflows associated with managing and consuming data.
* Enjoy seeing your work taken through the trials of implementation and into the users' hands.
* Are comfortable working alongside or within an Agile development process.
* Excellent storytelling and communication skills.
Intrigued by some of the most challenging experience design opportunities? Come join us