Programme Manager- Implementation/Transition Lead (SC-Cleared)
£600 - £800
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Programme Manager -Implementation and Transition Lead (SC Cleared), Exit Programme, Transitioning, Incumbent Supplier, supplier Management, Mission-Critical, Complex, Strategic, Strategy, HR, Business Change, Changing, Agile, Scrum, Home Office, Passport Office, Government, Public Sector, Project Delivery, Programme Director,
An experienced SC Cleared Implementation and Transition Lead with recent experience of successful delivery of very complex, high-profile, mission-critical programmes.
The post holder will work closely with and report to the Portfolio Director. They will lead the project team. They will work with colleagues across client, suppliers, and a range of other internal and external stakeholders, including at very senior levels. The post holder will be responsible for managing the client team across all programme areas (including: Discovery, Product, Technical, Security, Estates, Test, Commercials, HR (including TUPE), Service Management/Operations, Business Design, Work In Progress, Readiness and Programme Management).
* Lead the implementation and transition from the incumbent to new supplier.
* Drive the programme, and suppliers, to maintain required pace for successful implementation and transition.
* Review and approve supplier programme-related deliverables.
* Manage the progress of the programme against plan
* Lead the production of briefing and governance papers as needed for management and stakeholders
* Confirm and manage external dependencies
The post holder will in the main be required to be based on site but there may also be a requirement to visit other client locations throughout the UK and visit supplier sites abroad . There will be considerable senior management and external stakeholder interface. They will need to be self-managing and self-starting but able to contribute to and help build team working. Problem solving and presentation / influencing skills will be essential. Out of hours and weekend working may be required during the transition period .
Key Skills / Experience
* Transition management-By leveraging own service and transition knowledge and lessons learned, developing transition approach and plans, leading transition preparations and execution, to ensure no disruption to business critical services.
* Transition readiness-Developing and carrying out transition readiness assessments of complex 'mission critical' new services to inform key decision points and ultimate 'go-live' decisions.
* Transition delivery-Excellent understanding of service areas (eg technology, HR, business change, commercials, service management, exit management) with proven experience of leading transition content across lean programme team .
* Transition delivery-Developing approach and requirements for agreeing transition contingency arrangements with incumbent, whilst meeting business needs of attaining value for money and good use of public funds.
* CommunicationS-Developing and articulating messages/recommendations to senior management where significant complexity and ambiguity exists, and gaining support for recommendations.
* Communications-Working effectively and sensitively in challenging relationships with suppliers, using influencing skills where commercial levers are not available or appropriate
* Programme management-Developing/understanding complex programme plans covering range of service areas (eg technology, HR, business change, commercials, service management, exit management), assessing key points/risks and summarising relevant points/'big picture '.
* Programme management-Rapidly and effectively responding to the impact of major changes on complex programmes.
* Programme management/turnaround-Developing pragmatic and action oriented recommendations when de-risking complex inflight programmes where constraints exist.
* Team working-effective working with large, multi-disciplinary virtual team and stakeholders across different geographic locations and organisations, and liaising regularly at COO and senior management levels.
* Commercial acumen-rapidly familiarising self with large service based contract and using knowledge in day to day working to drive supplier performance, meet obligations and manage change.
* Understanding of business process-Ensures business operations have appropriate engagement with project work stream leads to ensure technical delivery requirements are achievable and met.
* Governance-effective reporting and escalation through the project governance process including risks, issues, dependencies, progress and budgets.
* Problem solving-act decisively and make bold decisions to identify potential problems and issues proactively and work through them to effective conclusion
* Stakeholder management-ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with a range of established professionals and specialists, both internal and external, in fast-paced, highly demanding environment.
* Big picture-anticipate the impact of developments at national and international levels to pre-empt issues and exploit opportunities.
* Use relevant experience to challenge the way things are done and suggest improvements. Seek, encourage and recognise initiative and imaginative ideas from a wide range of people.
* Personal resilience to succeed in a high pressure delivery environment