Information Compliance Manager
£45000 - £45000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Information Compliance Manager
Birmingham, West Midlands
c£45,000 Plus 26 Days' Holiday, Option To Buy Up To Five Days' Extra Annual Leave, Flexible Working, Civil Service Pension, Additional Benefits Package
Set up under the Gambling Act 2005, our client is committed to safeguarding the public against any detrimental impact brought about by gambling. They do this by keeping crime out, protecting children and vulnerable people and ensuring the commercial gambling industry is run fairly and openly and they work with the legal system, the public health system, community groups and the industry itself to understand how they can protect the interests of as many people as possible, as effectively as possible.
Our client is currently looking for an Information Compliance Manager to join the Support Services team and ensure that they operate in-line with the FOI (Freedom of Information) Act 2000 and associated legislation.
Joining the Support Services team means leading on projects and pioneering new services that enable everyone in the organisation to do their jobs exceptionally. It's a broad team covering Facilities, Health and Safety and core IT, including Information Management & Security. The team are an integrated part of the wider business so no matter what your role, you'll collaborate to find new solutions to familiar problems and proactively explore new ways to help our client improve. You won't be confined by your job title and will have plenty of opportunities to follow your own ideas that ultimately help elevate our client's work and their impact on the public.
As the Information Compliance Manager, you will develop, implement and review processes to ensure our client complies with the FOI Act 2000, as well as associated legislation.
In this important role, you'll encourage transparency and accountability by developing a systematic approach to making information about our client available to the public.
You'll deal with complex and non-standard FOI, DPA and SAR casework, as well as ensuring that effective recording, reporting and QA systems are in-place for cases where requests for information have been subject to exemption.
Additionally, you will:
- Provide training and guidance to staff and the public on FOI matters
- Contribute to the development, implementation and review of information governance policies, procedures and practices
- Act as the key point of contact regarding FOI matters with the Information Commissioner's Office
To be considered, you will need:
- Substantial experience in an Information Assurance environment meeting legal compliance requirements around Freedom of Information and Data Protection legislation
- Practical experience of developing and delivering training programs, including providing training and guidance relating to Freedom of Information and Data Protection to all levels of staff, in a variety of formats
- Experience of researching, writing and implementing policies, standards, procedures and best practice documentation
- Experience of successfully developing, implementing and maintaining corporate processes across complex organisations
- Experience of managing staff and/or allocating caseloads to others and monitoring delivery, with positive outcomes to tight legislative deadlines
- A degree (or equivalent)
Diplomatic and pragmatic, as the Information Compliance Manager, you'll have excellent interpersonal, influencing and persuasion skills. You'll also be highly-organised with a logical approach to problem-solving.
The closing date for applications is the 25th March 2019.
To apply for the role of Information Compliance Manager, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Information Compliance Manager, Compliance Manager, Regulatory Compliance Manager, Regulations & Compliance Manager, Information Regulations Manager, Data Compliance Manager, FOI.