Programme Test Manager (SC Cleared)
£500 - £650
Programme Test Manager (SC Cleared), Agile Test, Scrum, Automation Testing, Tester, Tests, Testware, Test Case, Test Script, Reports Software Testing, QA Manager, Quality Assurance, TQE, ISTQB, Agile, Government, Public Sector, DV, SC,
The change department has embarked on an ambitious and iterative journey of Agile Transformation encompassing processes, tooling, practices and techniques in order to meet the above challenges. This will deliver fit for purpose product aligned to user need but needs the right resources, including those within this request, to enable this transition. Without the right level of experienced industry expertise to support this transition it will fail at great cost.
Responsible for the planning, design, management, execution and reporting of tests, using appropriate testing tools and techniques and conforming to agreed process standards and industry specific regulations. The purpose of testing is to ensure that new and amended systems, configurations, packages, or services, together with any interfaces, perform as specified (including security requirements), and that the risks associated with deployment are adequately understood and documented. Testing includes the process of engineering, using and maintaining testware (test cases, test scripts, test reports, test plans, etc) to measure and improve the quality of the software being tested.
Determines testing policy, and owns the supporting processes including software security testing. Takes responsibility for the management of all testing activities within a development or integration project or programme. Manages all risks associated with the testing and takes preventative action when any risks become unacceptable. Assesses and advises on the practicality of testing process alternatives, including automated testing. Initiates improvements to test processes and directs their implementation. Assesses suppliers' development and testing capabilities. Determines project testing standards for all phases, influencing all parties to conform to those standards. Manages client relationships with respect to all testing matters.
The successful candidate will be responsible for shaping how the Testing management team promotes and implements testing best practice across a variety of teams at the NCA. Ensuring the focus is on quality where testing is responsible or delivering.
As part of the wider IT/ Change department the candidate will need to work closely with other managers across different disciplines in testing and delivery. You will be responsible for supporting the increase in automation testing across our Change lifecycle.
The successful person will also be responsible for designing and delivering testing solutions whilst working with senior management to embed best practice. This is an exciting opportunity to manage a team of managers in testing, which would suit someone who has experience of Agile and traditional delivery methodologies.
The candidate will be expected to bring experience to the role and test manage some important projects whilst motivating and leading a multi skilled management team.
The role is responsible for:
* Build working relationships with managers across project delivery
* Establish best practice methodologies for testing
* Support Head of IT testing to define structures, process, procedures and strategies
* Commission and sponsor service improvement initiatives
* Design resource models to support test delivery for agile teams and projects
* Manage multiple internal stakeholders
* Provide line management to Test & QA Managers
* Manage risk across IT testing
* Coach and support Test & QA Managers
* Oversight of the Production of and TQE assurance of Project Requirements
All deliverables will be produced to a quality standard aligned to industry recognised requirement management practice.
Skills transfer will be achieved by embedding the contractor within the core business areas so as to develop a collaborative working environment. Product handover schedules will be drawn up to ensure requirements are met, as NCA resources are recruited to the Business Team.
Key Skills / Experience
* Strong understanding of Agile delivery
* At least 8 years' experience in software testing
* Strong track record in managing testing teams
* Establishing best practice standards for Agile and iterative delivery
* Experience in Test Automation frameworks
* Able to influence key stakeholders and communicate effectively at any level and across business function
* Ability to apply different approaches to different circumstances
* Excellent attention to detail and proven problem solving skills
* Experience of working in financial services or similar
* Analysis & reporting of Test MI
* ISTQB Test Manager or similar
* Agile Project Management qualification or similar