Michael Bailey Associates
£450 - £550
James Le Tissier
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Digital DevOps Engineer required to work with a Government organisation based in Birmingham. This is a 6 month contract, out of scope of IR35, paying up to £550 per day.
DevOps are responsible for:
* Operational management of Linux servers.
* Delivering a complex web application stack
* Building and configuring new server platforms and the automated tooling to do so
* Testing, debugging and troubleshooting of platform level problems
* Supporting development teams with configuring applications for deployment.
You will have:
* An understanding of common web application architectures.
* Experience in configuring and managing Linux servers for serving a dynamic website.
* Experience in debugging a complex multi-server service.
* Scripting or basic programming skills.
* Familiarity with network protocols - TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL, etc.
* A strong technical foundation in build, release and environments.
* Passion for and ability to design and support robust build, deployment and configuration management systems for multi-tier Java J2EE , .Net applications.
* AWS - Amazon Web Services
* Installation and management of open source monitoring tools
* Configuration management tools like Puppet, Chef
* Deploying and configuring machines in a Cloud environment (EC2, Google App Engine etc.)
* Application deployment strategies and continuous integration
* Networking concepts, technologies, and protocols (TCP/IP, IPSec, HTTP, FTP, DHCP, and DNS)
* Virtualization systems (VMWare, Xen, etc)
* Administering application servers, servlet containers, and web servers (WebSphere, Apache Tomcat, Jetty, Nginx, Mongrel, Microsoft IIS, Apache HTTP server, etc)
* integration tools (Jenkins, Travis CL, Go);
Please apply should you meet the above criteria
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.