Security Event Analyst (SIEM - ArcSight) - Mons, Belgium
Why not get out of your comfort zone? This is a rare opportunity to move to a new country, whilst joining a multi-aware winning organisation working on mission critical projects and secure systems.
You will also:
- Pay less tax
- Receive relocation services (housing, school search, shipping, bank accounts, utilities etc)
- Accommodation allowance of up to £800pm
- Health insurance
You will have the opportunity of working within a truly unique and rewarding mixed team of Military and Civilian Cyber Security specialists. Based at the NATO Communications and Information Agency (NCIA) Cyber Security Technical Centre located at NATO's Supreme Allied Headquarters (SHAPE) in Mons [Belgium]
You will be directly involved day to day in maintaining the integrity of NATO's global Cyber Security Defence posture. The NATO Computer Incident Response Centre (NCIRC) is one of the largest fully integrated global Cyber Defence capabilities in the world. This capability requires a combined international team of 250+ NATO and Industry analysts and engineers, to operate and maintain the wide range of Cyber Security services and the complex infrastructure on which they run, installed at over 100 sites in all 29 NATO member countries.Responsibilities
You will have strong all-round technical abilities with a good working exposure and handling of security events.
- Work within a Cyber Security Incident Management team, providing Subject Matter Expertise (SME) to support the end-to-end Incident Handling Process
- Optimise and enhance NATO's Cyber Security position
- Control a broad toolset (e.g. Log Collection, Intrusion Detection, Packet Capture, VA, Network Devices)
- Monitor security systems and escalate technical issues to the relevant technical staff
This role requires a high level of exposure
in the following key cyber security areas, as well as a high level of exposure across a broad selection of other technologies e.g. NIPS, NIDS, HIDS, Computer Forensics tools, Vulnerability Assessment tools, Firewalls, CIRT and CERT. Key Skills:
- Security event management and analysis of ArcSight products
- Network Based Intrusion Detection Systems (NIDS) and Host Based Intrusion Detection Systems (HIDS)
- Network security appliances and networking devices and associated management software
- Firewalls, IDS, Routers and Security Appliances
- Network, system and application level troubleshooting techniques
- Incident response centre (CIRT)/computer emergency response team (CERT)
- Computer forensics tools (stand alone and on-line and network)
- Computer security tools (Vulnerability Assessment, Anti-virus, Protocol Analysis, Anti-Virus, Protocol Analysis, Anti-Spyware, etc)
- Military communication systems and networks
This is an opportunity to join one of the largest defence equipment suppliers to the UK MoD. My client prides itself on investment its employees, with an impressive £3.5m annually spent on employee training and development in the UK alone.
The work is technically challenging, with a supportive environment allowing you to approach tasks in the way you deem most effective. You will work on a number of varied and interesting projects, which are critical and make a real difference. You will be joining a highly collaborative environment, working alongside other highly skilled, technically minded individuals to create ground breaking solutions.
Employee well being is at the heart of the company culture, as they believe that people work to their best when they are able to achieve balance between work and other aspects of life. This is demonstrated through a multitude of employee focused benefits, designed to create a happy working environment.Apply
Due to the urgency of the role and nature of the work, candidates must have current and transferable SC.
To find out more please contact Robyn Clarke at Evolution Recruitment.