Graduate IT Support Engineer
£23000 - £25000
Recruitment Genius Ltd
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Location: Central London
Salary: Up to £25,000
Start date: ASAP
21 days' holiday, plus public holidays, plus your birthday
This is an opportunity to join an established and successful IT services company based in central London. Their job is to make their SME clients' IT work seamlessly, as well as being their trusted advisor when it comes to new IT developments, including the latest email, collaboration and file sharing cloud technologies. As they build on their success, they are currently looking to expand their highly credible technical team.
You are a self-starter with a real passion for learning. The idea of working for a growing London-based business excites you and being part of a great team is important to you. You're a geek at heart and love to play around with the latest technologies.
You get a buzz from solving problems in a busy environment and you understand the importance of excellent client service, which means you can also give simple explanations without using IT Jargon. You believe that the world can be a better place through the effective use of IT, and want to help make that happen.
THE GRADUATE IT SUPPORT ROLE:
An exciting opening in their service team with the opportunity for real progression. In this role, you will provide remote technical support, as part of a team, for all of their clients. They have a Graduate Training Programme in place which runs for the first two years of your time with the company. This ensures you are developing core skills for your future career in IT support and spans both company funded external training as well as in-role experience objectives. Responsibilities could then be extended to working as part of a client team for specific clients, and working at client premises as required.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- A solid academic background in IT/computer related, physics, maths or engineering discipline, possibly combined with business.
- 6-18 months' industry experience (work placement or post-graduation).
- Basic understanding of: Hardware and peripherals including PCs, laptops and printers, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Server, Networking including LAN, WAN, firewalls and routers, Applications/software, Citrix.
- Great interpersonal skills and an excellent telephone manner.
- A methodical approach to problem solving.
- An ability to engage professionally and deliver an exceptional client experience at all times.
- An ability to work under pressure and respond to tight deadlines whilst prioritising workload.
- Personal accountability for on-time deliverables and delighting clients.
- Demonstration of tenacity and character - for example via the Duke of Edinburgh Award.
- A client centric attitude and a continual focus on end user experience.
DESIRABLE SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- IT qualifications & certifications would be a big advantage.
- Previous experience in an IT Support related role would be a bonus.