£11,400 - £11,400
Simulator Operator (Part - Time)
Location: Yeovilton, Somerset
Permanent, Part-Time - 20 hours per week
Salary: £11,400.00 plus excellent benefits
About the role
Here at Babcock, we are looking to recruit a Simulator Operator on a part - time, permanent basis . You will perform as a role player and data input to a bespoke computer system. The operator is require to gain knowledge and experience of Aircraft Control procedures and use these skills to support training of Aircraft and Fighter Controllers for the Royal Navy.
Babcock International Group is a FTSE 250 business and is the UK's leading engineering support services organisation. We also offer a supportive work environment where innovation is at the heart of what we do.
What do I need to do the role?
You'll need to be computer literate and have excellent communication skills.
Would also like you to have experience in all or some of these areas:
* Keeping updated and refreshed on current operating procedures.
* Assisting the Supervisor and Senior operator in the execution of their duties.
* If qualified, acting as ADR Assistant as required, inputting RNSFC information via EDDS and transferring information between controlling authorities.
* Carry out Technical Publication amendments as required.
* Carrying out any reasonable task as required by the Simulator Manager or Supervisor including the cleaning of State Boards, Displays, illuminating surfaces and headsets.
* Each operator is to ensure that any training or Quality Audit check is debriefed by the trainer and signed for on the documentation. Initial operator training will be reported on a weekly basis. OJT on as required and as directed by the QA Coordinator
What else do I need to know?
* The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
We are committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You will benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.