The role in a nutshell:
Nutmeg is Europe’s leading Digital Wealth Manager, but we don’t want to stop there! We are in the middle of building a new scalable platform to help us achieve our mission of being the most trusted Digital Wealth Manager in the world.
The Mobile team here at Nutmeg have the ambition to become truly ‘mobile-first’ within the next 12 months, and are looking for a new Android Developer to complement the existing team who have already established the iOS app. At the beginning of 2018, we released our Android app which already has 9000 monthly users so far, a 0.026% session crash rate, and more than 125k monthly sessions. You will be working, and collaborating with the iOS platform to release the best apps that enable our customers to invest with confidence, ease and simplicity. You will be someone who enjoys sharing knowledge, keen to learn new ideas, and recognises good clean app design.
What you will need to do:
• Work in an agile environment using Scrum
• Work in a cross-functional mobile team (Android/iOS)
• Take ownership of tasks from the estimation stage right through until the release stage and post production
• Participate/collaborate in weekly skill shares
• Work in a very collaborative environment
• Learn, share, listen, apply knowledge.
• Be ready for challenges
• Play pool and/or take a coffee when you decide
• Create great tests to ensure a bug free app
What we’re looking for:
• Must have experience in RxJava and Dagger
• Good knowledge of JAVA 8, the Android SDK, Android Studio and best engineering practices
• Experience writing tests (unit test, integration test, UI test etc.)
• Experience with Java/Android design patterns (MVP, MVVM, IoC, Multi-tier architecture)
• Experience with best practices in mobile design (human interface guidelines, threading, bandwidth considerations etc.)
• Good understanding of what it means to work with APIs, and how the moving parts of a mobile application fit together. Good understanding of REST and messaging platforms
• Experience with Git or other similar distributed SCM systems
• Good communicator who can work well within a delivery team and manage interactions with other parts of the organisation, such as Product and Ops
• Very enthusiastic about user interface and customer experience centric
• Passionate about technology. We want someone who really cares about how we can use it to improve our customers experience of Nutmeg
• Interest in new Android technologies and frameworks (Kotlin / Architecture components / etc.)
• Team player who is willing to stand up and put forward ideas
• Keen to ensure that we focus on solving the essence of the problem rather than merely dealing with the symptoms
• Curious about new ways of working and open to different approaches and ideas
• A computer science degree or similar
Nice to have:
• Show us your Github/Stack Overflow/app portfolio!
• Experience in the fintech sector
• Active participant in tech meet-ups
Inside the Nutmeg shell:
We’re a diverse team of fun, genuine, smart people with a common mission to shake up financial services and change the way people manage their money in an intelligent easy way.
A fintech leader located in Vauxhall, London, we work in a modern, open plan office. We use cutting edge technologies and development tools like Mesos and Docker. We brainstorm and work with whiteboards and post-its and collaborate across the entire business to do our jobs - awesomely. We’d say we’re similar to a typical tech company: casual, flexible, agile, flat-structured and fast-paced. All while making sure we maintain professional (FCA-regulated) standards in everything we do.
We’re passionate and motivated and take pride in providing a great experience for our customers and empowering generations of investors. We want like-minded people to join us. As a Nutmegger, you’ll be part of a tightknit, hard-working, innovative team at the top of their game, facing new challenges every day.
We champion our Nutmeggers by providing opportunities for growth, always listening to their ideas and treating everyone equally. We reward our people with great benefits, learning & development and career advancement opportunities, share options and competitive salaries.
We’re building a global billion-pound business and we want people who match our ambition, honesty and integrity. We’re obsessed with customer satisfaction and we strive to deliver services that improve people’s lives. We want people who want to make a difference. Does this sound like your kind of place?