Network & Security Engineer - Gatwick - Perm
£45,000 - £48,000
£45,000 - £48,000
This international, state of the art high tech business is pioneering significant innovations in its’ field. They currently have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Network & Security Engineer with exceptional technical expertise and customer service skills, to become part of their continuing success story.
As a senior member of the IT Infrastructure team, the Network Engineer is expected to independently install, deploy and upgrade network equipment; design and implement network optimization projects; support business teams on joint-initiatives as a technical advisor or resource.
The Network Engineer will also be expected to participate in Network and Security planning, implementation and support. The Network Engineer will assist Helpdesk support activities, and share 24/7 on-call responsibilities as required.
The Selected Candidate Will:
• Participate in major network initiatives, detailed network designs and deployments as well as coordinating technical issues with clients, vendors, and internal teams.
• Design, installation, maintenance and monitoring of network systems including switches, routers, firewalls, intrusion detection systems and switch and firewall-based policies.
• Responsible for expert-level troubleshooting of any problems relating to global networking issues.
• Adhere to IT access-management incident response and change control procedures.
• Develop IT infrastructure project plan, technical specifications, design documents, roll-out and test plans.
• Contribute to IT policies and process development using industry best practices.
• Contribute to mentoring junior staff and knowledge transfer to global team.
Technical experience required:
• 5+ years IT experience with on-going skills development
• Willingness to travel.
• Vendor management; communicating with vendors globally.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills. Ability to rapidly identify and resolve issues under pressure
• Self-motivated, results-driven, and well organized
• Strategic minded, and strive for constant operational improvements in a changing global environment
• CNP certification preferred
• Strong experience with networking protocols: TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, VRRP, HSRP, VPN, IPSEC, VoIP, and QoS
• Experience in WAN/LAN networking including routing, switching, security, load balancing
• Working knowledge of Enterprise Datacenter environment
• Recent knowledge of Cisco network equipment required, NAC, Wireless controllers, ACS, Prime, UCS, Nexus 5K switches, Catalyst series, div Router series.
• Experience in or worked with Unified architecture. Conceptual and hands-on.
• Proven experience on remote access technologies (VPN like technologies), including use with mobile devices
• Proven knowledge of Checkpoint firewalls and Cisco ASA.
• Knowledge of Citrix load balancers.
• Knowledge of VoIP, QoS and multicasting.
• Knowledge of network monitoring tools. I.e. Solarwinds and IPSwitch
• Experience in Network Appliance NAS/SAN environment (FCoE, FCP, CIFS, ISCSI) preferred
To apply, or to find out more, please send your CV to Onyx Recruitment.