The growing development team at Mountain Warehouse is split into 6 teams, each looking after a different set of applications and using a loose Kanban approach. The architecture is microservices with continuous deployment.
We are a collaborative team with a strong culture of code review, occasional usage of pair programming, lots of unit tests. We’re keen to write code following best practice and to continuously find ways that we can be even better. The work is a mixture of green-field and legacy work (much like any other mature organisation) mostly using C# and SQL Server - however, the microservices approach allows us to alter the technology as appropriate.
We are looking for developers to join several of our UK teams, the roles are primarily "back-end” but there is some user interface work to be done for those with an interest in it.
Essential skills / experience.
- C# in a commercial environment.
- Ability to solve problems in code quickly and simply.
- Solid understanding of how http and network communication works.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to produce initial results rapidly and iterate based upon feedback.
This is a selection of what we’re using
Let us know what you have experience of, we can train in the rest.
- Test Driven Development.
- RabbitMQ / MassTransit.
- Microservices architecture.
- Entity Framework
- RESTful API design / Web.API.
- Machine Learning.
- .net Core.
- Dependency Injection with AutoFac, Unity and StructureMap.
- SQL Server stored procedures.
- The department is light on meetings - most of your time will be working on projects.
- There is dedicated training time & budget to expand your skills.
- As a privately-owned company we tend to be fast-moving, and as we’re profitable and growing we tend to be able to afford the tools and hardware we need.
- The IT department is over the road from the rest of head office. We have a large, modern open-space environment that’s been recently refurbished.
- Very fun and social team, lots of group outings and activities to partake in.
What we offer
- Training budget after 1st year.
- Two hackathon events a year.
- Regular lunch and learn events.
- Dedicated time for self-improvement, spike tests, blog writing, etc.
- Potential for travel to Warsaw (depending on team, projects, etc.)