Site Engineer - Operations
£30 - £38
SITE ENGINEER - Operations
Site location is Aldermaston, near Reading for a duration of 12 months initially.
Rate will be upto £38.00/hr.
SC clearance preferred.
We require a Site Engineer for project-based work from conception through to implementation and final close out.
Role will include:
* Basic project management skills - interfacing between cross-functional personnel.
* Asset Change management.
* Site survey, identifying work scope.
* Specification production.
* Basic design & calculation.
* Production of basic technical drawings using CAD.
* Produce task documentation to include Method Statements, Risk Assessments & Test Procedures
* Awareness of and adherence to customer procedures, safety rules, quality arrangements etc.
* Oversee task implementation and address technical issues.
* Oversee testing & commissioning activities.
* Additional roles e.g. Appointed Person (pressure test controller), Modification Manager, emergency response roles & Radiation Protection Supervisor.
To ensure that during construction activities, the regulatory and statutory requirements are complied with and to ensure the design and safety intent is met in construction. An Engineer shall ensure all engineering planning; safe systems of work are in place to undertake packages of work.
* Ensure that construction work is undertaken to specification by the implementation of safe working methods.
* Ensure that changes are effectively controlled and that work is co-ordinated to minimise delays and costs in meeting construction programme dates.
* Actively assist with the production and delivery of documentation for the construction work-pack.
* Ensure personnel are appropriately briefed to safely undertake the duties within their control.
* Ensure that the construction work is supervised, checked and accepted in accordance with the relevant specifications, drawings and standards of workmanship.
* Liaise with designers and / or technical experts to ensure correct interpretation of their requirements and obtain authorisation for modifications as a consequence of local conditions.
* Produce forecasts of resource and labour requirements to satisfy the needs of a project programme, for their respective work area.
* Provide effective communication and co-ordination, liaise on interface working and ensure that overall work is planned and co-ordinated to achieve construction programme dates.
* Ensure that construction personnel comply with the requirements of procedures and where applicable project specific procedures and quality assurance programmes are adhered to and met.
If this role sounds interesting to you, give me a call. Contact Stephen Slade on [Telephone number removed] .