App Support Analyst - Unix/Linux - Oracle/DB2 - Knutsford
I am currently working with an industry leader that are looking to add to their support team. This role is for a Application support specialist who will be working amongst like minded professionals that all want to provide the best support for the most exciting applications that my client has to offer.
You will be faced with various challenges, working multiple projects and supporting some of my clients key applications which ultimately will cement you in the position of a expert in the support field as well as allowing you to gain recognition across the organisation.
This is a salaried position which is paying up to £40,000 as well as a great benefits package. As part of this package you can expect a unparalleled pension scheme, an opportunity earn extra via bonus and potential on call (from home), but most importantly, a opportunity for you to further your career within a global giant that will provide you with all of th support to achieve your career aspirations.
It is also worth noting that my client pride themselves on providing employees with a great work life balance and often provide the opportunity to work from home. More than providing great training and support, they understand the importance of a healthy work life balance.
I am looking for the following experience...
* Troubleshooting of complex issues from hardware and operating system level, through to application/end-user
* 1st/2nd/3rd line support for colleagues, internal and external clients and customers
* Unix server administration including Linux
* Oracle Database/DB2 software - installation, maintenance and upgrading
* Monitoring, reporting and documentation of infrastructure, procedures, problems and solutions
* IBM BPM Knowledge beneficial
* API platform Knowledge beneficial
* WebSphere Knowledge beneficial
* Basic knowledge of Mutual authentication and SSL Certificate Installations
* Application/production support experience and ITIL process flow
This is a great opportunity for support professionals to join a leading financial services organisation that can provide further exposure to new and exciting technologies as well as training and development for your own benefit. Do not miss out on this fantastic position as my client is interviewing NOW!
To discuss in more detail, please send your CV to Click here to contact this recruiter
or alternatively, call Taz Shahid on [Telephone number removed]
Nigel Frank International is the leading Microsoft Business Intelligence recruitment firm in the UK, advertising more Business Intelligence jobs than any other agency. We deal with both Microsoft Partners & End Users throughout the UK and Europe and we have never had more live requirements jobs for Microsoft Business Intelligence professionals. By specialising solely in placing candidates in the market I have built relationships with key employers in the UK and have an unrivalled understanding of where the best opportunities & Business Intelligence jobs are.