Lead DevOps Engineer
||Competitive salary based on experience
Lack of energy access in sub-Saharan Africa is a significant problem, with more than 600 million people currently without mains electricity supply. In Rwanda, 9.5 million people or 81% of the population cannot access mains electricity, which has a negative impact on quality of life and limits people’s chances of achieving economic prosperity.
BBOXX is helping to address this issue by providing off-grid communities in developing countries with affordable energy solutions. BBOXX customers typically use a Pay-As-You-Go payment method, which enables very low-income customers access to electricity at home that they would otherwise not be able to afford. To date BBOXX has installed more than 150,000 systems and provided around 750,000 people with access to energy.
Check out our impact here: www.bboxx.co.uk/customers/
Title: Lead DevOps Engineer
Reports to: Senior Software Development Manager
Location: Chiswick, London
Role Summary: The Lead DevOps Engineer will lead a small but growing team of DevOps engineers who support BBOXX's expanding number of users, systems and servers.
- Hands-on DevOps engineer who is looking to lead a small but growing team of DevOps engineers.
- Lead the agile way of working within the DevOps team (e.g. standups, planning sessions, retrospectives).
- Build and maintain the architecture to support all the Pulse Platform servers, focusing on important topics such as recovery, security and reliability of our systems which are used in several countries around the world
- Create automated and repeatable build routines that are used to create deployable application containers.
- Create AWS based infrastructure from code for each of required environments (test, preprod, prod).
- Script all infrastructure configuration and ensure that all environments/stacks are templatized and organised into reusable components.
- Automate and streamline our operations and processes, as well as building and maintaining tools for deployment, monitoring and operations
- Troubleshooting and resolving issues in our test, preprod and production environments
- Keep abreast of the latest DevOps technologies, trends, tools and practices.
Advanced knowledge of AWS services: Including EC2, VPC, CloudFront, API Gateway, Lambda, ElasticBeanstalk, IAM, RDS, Route53, S3, ElastiCache, ElasticSearch and have programming experience in Bash as well as one of the standard programming languages: Python/Ruby/Node JS/Java.
Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with attention to detail.
Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services
Strong background in Linux Administration
Experience with Continuous Integration Lifecycle.
Experience with provisioning tools as well as automating the testing, deployment and monitoring of software systems
People/team management experience
Based in Chiswick, London
Competitive salary based on experience
Free breakfasts on Monday morning plus fresh fruit, hot drinks and biscuits every day :)
Regular socials - BBOXX organises monthly social events which can be proposed by anyone on the team. This could be anything from a picnic in the park to laser tag or the regular pub quiz.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.