Programme Director - Transition & Transformation
Up to £0.00 per day
Up to £0.00 per day
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Programme Director - Transition & Transformation to be based in Edinburgh on an 6 Month contract. Experienced Programme Director needed to lead the successful delivery of large and complex customer IT Transition & Transformation Programs from planning, design to implementation.
Job Title - Programme Director - Transition & Transformation
Location - Edinburgh
Rate - Market Rates per day
Duration - 6 Months
Transformation Program Director
* Leads the successful delivery of large and complex customer IT Transition & Transformation Programs from planning, design to implementation.
* Manages the program from start to completion including the resolution of project risks and issues.
* Provides leadership and management of the various project managers, PMO and teams within the program.
* Ensures program objectives and performance metrics are achieved.
* Ensures that program deliverables meet the required quality standards and are accepted by the customer.
* Responsible for regular customer and internal program status and financial reporting.
* Responsible for organizing and leading the various project teams and program governance team meetings.
* Accountable for the delivery of the Program Budget.
* Achieve excellence on defined internal success parameters such as schedule, cost, and process adherence, quality of deliverables, minimum rework, planned effort and higher customer satisfaction.
* Achieve excellence for customer success parameters such as meeting customers' business objectives, planned budget, on time delivery, leading to satisfied customers)
* Establish connect across customer CIO organization, client business functions and suppliers in order to deliver a successful Transformation program.
* Develop and manage service partner relationships together with the CIS SI Procurement team.
* Ensure profitability of the overall engagement, by meeting customer profitability objectives as per plan.
* Ensure that integrity of the program is maintained focusing on internal consistency and compliance to standards, processes and strategies.
* Adherence, to standard document quality checks and control. Adherence to quality procedures such as Six Sigma, ensuring quality orientation for self and team.
* Active participation during presales cycle and enable CIS PS to win additional business.
* Build tight working relationship with CIS PS Transformation offshore delivery teams.
* Good business judgment, a comfortable, open communication style, and a willingness and ability to work with customers and teams.
* Candidate will report to CIS PS lead Europe and be part of the European T&T Program Expertise team.
* Extensive travel will be required to/from customer project location, if needed.
* Executive presence, experienced in directly consulting IT Executives of large Enterprises.
* Excellent consulting skills:
* Requirements gathering and problem solving methods
* Communication and presentation skills
* Client management.
* Capability to support the sales team to identify and develop business opportunities, both within the existing work scope and more widely.
* Strong commercial orientation, with excellent negotiation skills.
* Extensive background in Infrastructure Transformation Program Management and delivery.
* Proficient/certified in Program Management Tools and Processes, such as PMI and/or Prince 2.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Excellent presentation skills.
* Proven experience in stakeholder management & conflict resolution.
* Proven people and customer management skills.
* Experience with executing large and complex multi-technology Transition and Transformation Programs including leading teams of several project/program managers.
* Extensive external client-facing Program Management experience.
* Experience with large scale IT Infrastructure Transition programs.
* Extensive background in IT Infrastructure Transformation Program Management.
* Achievement of high level of Customer Satisfaction.
* IT infrastructure domain knowledge is a must.
* Experience in managing multiple projects with competing priority or multiple interrelated projects to deliver
* Demonstrable thought leadership, through authorship (or participation in) white papers or presentation at conferences.
* Team leading and/or management, including team planning, prioritizing & goal setting
* Working collaboratively with clients to develop and execute solution strategies to support organizational direction
* University degree, preferably in Computer Engineering.
* Prince 2 or PMI certification.
* 20 or more years of IT experience.
* Minimum of 10 year experience as an IT Infrastructure Transformation Program Manager.
* Exposure and working level knowledge of working with and interfacing to global delivery teams
* Fluent in English.
Candidates should submit CVs in the first instance. Mike Tripp 0161 924 3631