Senior Android Devloper
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
You will be interpreting UI/UX designs that encompass both handheld and in-vehicle designs. Develop the code that allows these designs and experiences to be realised. Create and perform unit test of delivered code as well as perform integration tests within our vehicles. Work on bug fixing and improving application performance.
What is in it for the Android Developers?
* Competitive Salary
* Working for a Globally recognised company/brand
* Up to 20% of our vehicles (for yourself and family)
* Excellent benefits package including contributory pension, Bonus, 26 days' holiday
* Working in a modern central Manchester location
* Flexible working
* You will be working on projects/software that will be globally recognised
* Working in a start-up environment with the backing of a massive company
Essential skills for the Android Developers:
* Experienced in Android development, with demonstrable or published apps
* Have worked in an Agile Development Environment is a must
* Skilled in core Android packages such as, Bluetooth, Bitmaps, Timers, AsyncTask, SharedPrefences, RecyclerView, ViewSwitchers and SpeechRecognition
* Experience integrating third-party SDKs and APIs
* RxJava, Dagger2, ButterKnife and Retrofit frameworks
* App signing, rich UI development, HTTP, JSON, XML, SSL security, sockets, Wi-Fi.
* Android Wear
* App Localisation/Internationalisation, BDD, TDD and Dependency Injection
* Continuous Integration and Software Configuration Management
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or a related subject
* Experience with third-party libraries and APIs usage
Desirable skill for the Android Developers:
* An understanding of Android Auto
* Experience with third-party analytics services
An ever-evolving heritage. A truly exciting future. Two of the world's most iconic brands. Our company is revered across the globe. Continually pushing the boundaries of innovation and redefining the benchmark for excellence, we set the standards others want to follow. We want to keep it that way too.
If you have the essential skills and you are an Android Developer wanting to work for us, a company who invest in their technology and join them at a time where you can impact on the direction of the company, then please apply via the link.