|Listed on:||27th December 2018|
Cazenove Capital is part of the Schroders group and provides a complete wealth management service by delivering tailored portfolio management and wealth planning, together with banking and treasury services.
Private individuals, family offices, trusts, businesses and pension plans all rely on us to provide them with bespoke, discretionary and advisory investment services. We are a leading charity fund manager in the UK.
We employ over 700 talented people worldwide operating from 16 offices in 9 different countries across Europe and Asia with over £41billion of assets under management.
Schroders has developed under stable ownership for over 200 years and long-term thinking governs our approach to in vesting, building client relationships and growing our business.
Schroders Global Technology (GT) function is organised into a number of teams, distributed across Schroders' global offices, with technology hubs in London, Zurich, Luxembourg, Singapore and New York.
The software engineering and technology change function is split between 5 domains: Investment, Portfolio Operations and Data; Distribution and Product; Corporate; Wealth and; Digital. In addition there are teams which operate as shared services to provide Technology Infrastructure, Production Services (production support, release and access control), Quality Assurance, Information Security and Business Management (change management, assurance and reporting).
Our application estate is comprised mainly of commercially available off the shelf software packages best suited to Schroders’ operational needs, complimented by a number of internally developed proprietary systems to support the specific needs of the clients and products that our colleagues support.
The Global Technology vision is to ensure a stable operating environment that can function at multiple speeds, that focuses on value delivered to our external and internal customers. With a culture of excellence through collaboration, innovation and continuous improvement, Global Technology will enable Schroders to deliver the best outcomes for clients and shareholders.
In order to ensure that the emergent technology needs of our clients, regulators and internal stakeholders are able to be met quickly and effectively Schroders is undertaking the Leading Enterprise Agile Programme (LEAP) within Global Technology. In order to ensure this is achieved without compromising the stability and security of the platform, Schroders Global Technology is implementing a bespoke agile operating model, based on the SAFe methodology, which ensures that technology support and infrastructure is unaffected and the requisite governance and control is in place.
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for an inspiring and strong Principal Agile Analyst from a buy-side wealth or asset management firm to join our growing global team. You’ll be reporting directly to the Capability Lead for the Investment team. You'll be someone who’s ready to take on a new challenge, leading analysis efforts and forming a core part of our team to help shape our Wealth business for years to come.
And be ready to hone new skills, too. You’ll stick with your projects through design, development, build and testing - putting you in the best place to see what’s working, fix problems and create even stronger solutions next time. You will also be a key enabler for the team, removing roadblocks and helping us continually improve they way we work. This role also involves being the Scrum Master for our Investment team, empowering and coaching the team to truly effective delivery.
The Investment team is a core capability for our Wealth business. It is an enabler for our investment area and is core to driving scalable growth. We are in the process of initiating a program of work to implement the next generation portfolio management system which will support our business for the next five to ten years and we want you to be a key part of this journey.
You will also help support the business on our nearer term initiatives. These projects will range from reporting, regulatory change, order management and rebalancing as well as our dealing and trading platforms.
What you'll need to do
You will be leading analysis efforts over fifty percent of the time and the rest of the time you will be performing the role of scrum master, helping to remove impediments, increase our Agile fluency, and helping to delivery business value to our stakeholders.
You will be working in a truly Agile environment, liaising with colleagues globally and influencing technical decision making. We will invest in you and your development, and you will have the opportunity to work internationally and across the division.
Work in an Agile way, using SAFe:
• meet your PI and Sprint objectives
• play a big part in 'ceremonies'
• create and check user stories
• understand how your stories fit with our major change projects and programmes
• work with our other Agile and shared service teams to understand and accommodate dependencies.
Raise our game:
• reflect on your projects, looking for and sharing ways to improve
• broaden the team’s horizons, boosting their analysis, testing and software development skills (remembering to keep developing your own skills, too)
The knowledge, skills and qualifications we’re looking for
• Experience working with a leading Portfolio Management System (Charles River, Aladdin, ThinkFolio, Triple A Plus)
• Experience performing a business analysis role in an Agi
• Knowledge of T24 or similar banking platforms a plus
• Experience working in the capacity of a SCRUM Master
• Understanding of the end to end trade lifecycle, order management, portfolio modelling and re-balancing
• Understanding of asset classes - equities, fixed income, derivatives, FX and cash
• Certified Safe Agilist (SA) / Certified Scrum Master (Scrum) is preferable
• An undergraduate degree (or equivalent). We prefer computer science, or a similar subject
• Basic asset management or banking qualifications (such as IMC) help
• Knowledge and experience of leading in an Agile context, particularly scaling frameworks (SAFe is preferred)
What you'll be like
• Friendly: people the world over like working with you, and they're never afraid to ask you for help
• Interested in the latest tech developments, and how you can use them
• Calm: you’re positive under pressure and happy to take the lead in challenging times
• Gutsy: you know 'good' isn't good enough. So you solve problems and challenge the status quo to find better ways to do things.