Senior Environmental Consultant
26th December 2018
£25000 - £50000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Job Title: Senior Environmental Consultant (U.K)
Salary: £25,000 - £50,000 depending on experience
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company is an independent, integrated environmental, safety and engineering consultancy, and was established in 1996 in Glasgow, Scotland.
Since then, the firm has grown to employ 37 motivated engineers, scientists and supporting professionals across the U.K. They have regional offices in: Belfast, Cardiff, Dublin, Edinburgh, Inverness and Liverpool.
The company are currently seeking a Senior Environmental Consultant to join their growing team. The successful candidate will be offered the choice of working from any of their U.K. offices.
Since the position may require travel, with occasional overnight stays throughout the UK and further afield, depending on project requirements, a valid passport and photo ID is required.
The successful candidate will work as a member of the Process Engineering team and will be involved in all aspects of professional input to environmental consultancy projects. The successful candidate will also provide a level of marketing and business development support, identifying new clients and opportunities, to support the growth and expansion of the firm.
The ideal candidate will have experience with regards to one or more of the following areas/disciplines, preferably in a consultancy role:
* Environmental permitting (e.g. Industrial Emissions Directive, via PPC/EPR/IPC) and associated regulator liaison (e.g. SEPA, EA, NIEA, EPA)
* Environmental licencing (e.g. Water Framework Directive, via CAR) and associated regulator liaison
* Specifying water and air pollution control strategies/technologies with reference to the principles of BAT
* Water management to include water efficiency auditing of industrial and commercial facilities
* Air quality to include air quality impact assessment via D1, H1 and/or via the CERC (e.g. ADMS) suite of software
* Environmental noise assessment/support for industrial and commercial facilities (via BS 4142) and construction sites
* Hydrology to include flood risk assessment
* The ideal candidate will possess an Honours or Masters Degree in a relevant engineering (Chemical, Process, Mechanical, Civil) or environmental discipline (or similar).
* They will also have a full U.K. driving licence with clean driver record. Professional chartership(s) would be viewed favourably.
The Company is an Equal Opportunities Employer and offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits programmes with growth opportunities. They support career development to include active participation in membership of professional organisations.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of; Environmental Consultant, Senior Consultant, Process Engineer, Chemical Management, Engineer Consultant, Process Safety Consultant Environmental Auditing, Chemical Engineer, SHEQ Manager, Environment Officer, Quality Assurance Coordinator, Quality Advisor, SHEQ Officer, SHEQ Advisor, Quality Officer, Environmental Coordinator, Environment Advisor may also be considered for this role.