This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Practice Lead - Platform
Competitive salary plus bonus and benefits
About The Role
As a Microsoft Consultant, you will be responsible for designing, installing and configuring Microsoft solutions with a particular focus on Endpoint and Mobility. We have customers across the UK and you’ll spend much of your time at client sites, though you’ll be able to plug into one of our many office locations and also complete work from home when preferable.
What You'll be Doing
- Take responsibility for Microsoft driven implementation projects, with a focus on - - Endpoint and Mobility, for a wide variety of small, medium and enterprise customers
- Designing and implementing solutions geared towards the ‘Modern Workplace’ evolution
- Following plans and instructions created by our solutions design team, you’ll ensure the solution you’ve delivered is functional, fit for purpose and that handover and relevant documentation is provided to our customers
- From time to time, you’ll be involved in supporting our presales efforts by advising our sales force, our customers and gathering requirements
- Provide specialist guidance and advice to less experienced colleagues to ensure the continued growth and development of the team
What We Need From You
- Have an existing broad understanding of Microsoft Windows, Microsoft - Windows Server and Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager
- Industry recognised certifications and experience (MCSE or higher accreditation)
- Excellent communications skills, particularly with customers
- A passion for technology and for making technology work for businesses
- Strong organisational, time management and prioritisation skills
- A desire to share your knowledge and experience with those around you
- You'll need to have a keen eye for detail and work well within a team. We also need self-motivation, with an on-going desire to maintain your knowledge level at the forefront of technology
What additional skills would put your application at an advantage?
- Microsoft MCSE: Mobility
- Microsoft MCSE: Productivity
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager including:
Creating, Maintaining and troubleshooting deployment tasks
Configuring and update driver packs and OS templates
OS and application patching using SCCM software updates and 3rd party update software
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 and above
- Windows 7 and above
- Microsoft Office365
- Microsoft Intune
Passion. Intelligence. Fun. Responsible; these are the core values which define Softcat. We are one of the UK’s leading IT infrastructure providers and a FTSE 250 listed company. The business is based on two key principles: outstanding customer service and employee satisfaction- both of which inspire our flexible, friendly approach to business.