||Roke Manor Research Ltd
||20th December 2018
||Roke Recruitment Team
We deliver advanced research, development services and products and are a vendor neutral supplier picking the most appropriate technologies to achieve the required performance and capabilities. We are seeking highly motivated and knowledgeable staff, although when you are working across ground-breaking projects it is rare that there will be nothing new to learn.
We need developers with front-end, back-end, full stack, application, mobile or enterprise skillsets and in return we will support you to develop each and any of these based on your career aspirations.
Our teams operate in the fields of autonomy and AI, communications & connectivity, data analytics and cyber. If you have a familiarity with the underpinning concepts in one or more of these areas, it would be beneficial.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including relocation allowance (where applicable) bonus scheme, private medical insurance employee assistance program and pension, along with a whole host of flexible benefits to include childcare vouchers, travel insurance and dental care.
What will your role look like?
• Collaborating with colleagues and customers to deliver and present new capabilities
• Working with and applying Agile and DevOps methodologies and tools
• Solution and component design, development and testing
• Technical consultancy, business development and contributing to bids
Roke requires fast and self-motivated learners, but in return supports our engineers in growing both technical and soft skills. You get the opportunity to work alongside and learn from some of the best engineers in the industry, as well as access to both face to face and high quality online training.
What do we expect from you?
• Familiarity with software engineering standard methodology including behaviour and test driven development, continuous delivery and other Agile practices
What additional skills would we find useful?
• Ability to understand, adapt and architect complex software systems
• Knowledge of additional frameworks and languages e.g. C++, Docker, Go, Neo4J, Node, Ruby, Vue, React, Angular
• Familiarity with Linux
• Familiarity with working with open source software
Where will you be based?
You would join forces and work within our outstanding software engineering teams to produce and demonstrate new capabilities to prestigious end users.
Your work will typically be located at Roke's state of the art sites in either Romsey or Gloucester, with some travel to customer sites and the possibility for you to work on secondment with a customer.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity, Diversity and Inclusion. Our working environment is friendly, creative and inclusive. We can accommodate flexible working arrangements, and support a diverse work-force and those with additional needs.
Work may involve national security work and benefit from Developed Vetting - something which we may provide a route for you to achieve.
Due to the nature of this position, you will either hold or be eligible to achieve SC or DV clearance. As a result, you should be a British Citizen and have resided in the UK for the last 10 years.