IT Supplier Manager
14th December 2018
£400 - £450
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
IT Supplier Manager based in Milton Keynes , who will be reporting to the IT Supplier Performance Manager the role will be primarily responsible working on Frameworks and Processes relating to Banking regulations, including ECB and BAIT, and ensuring Procurement compliance, Risk Assessments, carry out remediation, planning and development of delivery roadmap.
The Supplier Management team is responsible for leading and governing a subset of critical suppliers delivering core IT services in infrastructure and outsourced capabilities supporting the clients UK IT function, operating with delegated authority from the IT Supplier Performance Manager.
Duties of the team include: drafting statements of work to satisfy requirements, scheduling and administering requirements for major tenders and reviews, establishing new or amending existing commercial and framework contracts to represent changing business needs, running regular supplier review meetings, handling supplier related escalations, arranging supplier payments, assessing potential supplier budget risk and opportunities, engaging with the wider market to deliver innovation in supply where possible, collaborating with other clients entities and third parties to mature the supplier landscape, running supplier operating processes managing supplier risk and supplier scorecard, in short 'owning the supplier relationship'.
Duration: 3 months
Rate: 400.00-450.00 per day
Location: Milton Keynes
The clients IT Supplier Performance Management has a total of around 60 active BAU suppliers under governance by the team, with approximately 15% of these are Tier1 (Essential Suppliers) defined in the Risk BIA (Business Impact Analysis) we depend on in varying degrees for the operation of Critical Processes in the wider business. The suppliers are further classified into three main supply categories equalling around 20 suppliers in each; Infrastructure, Services, and HQ/Internal. Total annual expenditure with suppliers governed by the Supplier Performance team currently exceeds £30m (2017).
The main responsibilities of the role are to:
* Contribute to maturing and adherence to regulatory standards such as MaRisk (Federal Banking Authority) and BaFin requirements and global corporate guidelines set by client to assure supplier compliance and avoid regulatory and policy breaches.
* Carry out Risk Assessment, prepare any remediation activities, and develop a delivery roadmap to address any gaps.
* Other responsibilities will include BAU activities as directed by the IT Supplier Performance Manager.
Essential skills and personal characteristics:
* Highly effective at leading in a matrix organisation
* Skilled facilitator.
* Highly capable analytics, skilled in spreadsheet working.
* Highly capable influencer
* Strong communications skills, written and verbal.
* Empathy for executive level requirements and familiar in dealing with senior stakeholders.
Will be required to lead, deputise, manage and deliver effective suppliers for delegated outsourced relationships in a landscape of highly complex governance and compliance controls specific to this business, but generally familiar for those with experience in similar roles within the financial services industry.
Education, training and experience:
* Preferably educated to degree level
* Similar experience essential, working in financial services and IT
* Supplier management qualifications desirable
* ITIL, Prince2 or similar desirable
Equivalent jobs which could constitute lateral moves:
* IT Service Delivery management.
* IT Governance.
On leaving this job, a job that would be considered a promotion is:
* IT Supplier Performance Manager (Grade 9)
* Service Deliver Manager
* Development Manager
* Head of Procurement