Head of Operations - London
Head of Operations
This role will own the identification of these opportunities, the business case for moving them across, gaining key stakeholder agreement to the changes, and the subsequent delivery and embedding of the organisational and process change within the affected teams.
A significant focus for the role over the next 24 months will be on defining, continually refining and implementing an operations strategy and Target Operating Model. This will take the work thats been done so far in integrating the businesses as a foundation, but implementing a step change in operational best practise to ensure our internal and external customers benefit from increased service scope, efficiency and effectiveness, at an optimised cost base. This needs to be accurately managed, governed and reported using appropriate KPIs and Metrics to demonstrate objectively the business value of the operating model evolution.
Due to the global nature, the role will require exceptional customer and stakeholder management, planning and communication skills.
Generally, this role will require strong relationships to be established and maintained with a broad range of customers and stakeholders (Underwriters, Claims Managers, International executive, Change Management, Data Management, IT, Finance, Lloyds, FCA/PRA)
This role will require a high level of interaction and support for the international underwriting business units, to clearly understand the strategy and goals of the underwriting teams and be able to lead the implementation of operational strategy and tactics to support the underwriting strategy. Effectively communicating with the various stakeholders to successfully implement process change will be crucial.
* To lead and manage the Operations teams in delivering business value adding services within defined SLAs
* To define and implement a Target Operating Model, that balances the future evolution of the function whilst ensuring a phased value adding roadmap of service improvement (scope, cost, quality, timeliness)
* To ensure that International Operations understands, plans, designs and implement end to end operating solutions to reflect changes in business process/risk appetite/product distribution, controls and/or regulation.
* To ensure we leverage the benefits of the LM TOM in a way that both drives material business value, but also supports the market in its adoption
* Understand and be a dynamic advocate for the International business vision and supporting operations strategy. Have a strong knowledge of the variety of distribution channel target operating models.
* To drive out frictional cost from all functions, and optimise service provision to the business
* Responsible for the management and execution of specified controls/action plans relating to risks, working closely with risk owners and risk management team
* Manage strategic relationship with our business process outsourcers, both on and offshore, and ensuring the cost effective provision of those services within SLAs
* Ensuring that operating models remain consistent with best practice and compliant with the changing requirements of the UK and International insurance industry and regulation
Required Qualifications and Experience:
* Proven leadership and management experience within an International insurer (ideally syndicate and company market)
* Experience of defining and implementing a strategic vision
* Experience of designing and implementing operational change
* Management of functions within current and future scope
* Strong outsourcer management experience
* A successful track record in sponsoring and implementing complex business change (e.g. as project sponsor, steering group participation)
* Experience in the London market
* Ability to write and present executive level committee reports