Internal IT Support Engineer / 1st Line Technical Support
||£18,000 - £18,000
Job Title: Internal IT Support Engineer
Location: Ruddington, Nottingham
Salary: Up to £18,000
Job Type: Full Time (10am- 6pm), Permanent
The Company provides systems to schools, colleges and multi-academy trusts to help keep children safe - the work they do really makes a difference.
The IT Support Engineer will provide effective IT assistance across all aspects of the business and will provide backup and support to the Infrastructure and Systems Manager. The position is responsible for supporting and maintaining the Microsoft Desktop and Server operating systems plus general maintenance of all IT-related hardware / software. The position provides exposure to a broad range of IT-related projects and activities.
* To provide technical support; answering support queries either onsite, via phone or email.
* To maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries.
* To take ownership of user problems and be proactive when dealing with user issues.
* To log all calls on the ticket system and maintain full documentation.
* Respond to enquiries from users and help them resolve any hardware or software problems.
* Maintain a log of any software or hardware problems detected.
* Support users in the use of Computer equipment by providing necessary training and advice.
* To allocate more complex service issues to the Infrastructure and Systems Manager.
* To liaise with third party suppliers where necessary in resolving an issue.
* Demonstrate the 4Cs company values.
* Any other reasonable instruction from your manager or a member of the management team.
* Strong analytical / problem solving skills essential.
* 1st line / Helpdesk support experience or a strong technical knowledge and customer services background.
* Excellent telephone manner and face to face communication skills.
* Strong knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems with emphasis on desktop OS (Windows 10) essential.
* Experience using and troubleshooting Microsoft Office 2016/2019 (MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
* Basic understanding of PC hardware set-up and configuration.
* Experience with Windows Server, and Microsoft Exchange Administration / Support, including Active Directory an advantage.
* Working knowledge of virtualisation an advantage.
* Experience in using Linux (Raspbian / Ubuntu) and Mac OSX an advantage.
* Experience in Microsoft O365 desirable.
* Experience in VOIP telephony desirable.
* Experience in core technologies such as DNS/DHCP/IPv4/IPv6 desirable.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Please, no recruiters or firms offering subcontracting.
Candidates with experience of: IT Support, Support Engineer, Support Technician, Desk Support, IT Technician, IT Service Desk Technician, Support Technician, Technical Support, Helpdesk Support Technician, Ruby, PHP, SQL, Oracle, Helpdesk Support and Fault Desk may also be considered for this role.