Service Desk Manager / IT Support Manager
||£28,000 - £30,000
Job Title: Service Desk Manager
Salary: £28,000 - £30,000 + Excellent benefits
Job type: Permanent, Full time
The Company, an IT Solutions and Managed Services provider based in Leeds, are looking for a Service Desk Manager to help lead and shape the IT support function.
This is a new position that would suit an ambitious and driven individual who will hit the ground running and make a positive impact to the company's current success. You will be bright and astute and be comfortable working in a fluid, faced-paced environment, so perfect for someone with a strategic approach that wants to really make a difference. You'll look after a talented Service Desk team, managing direct reports and helping them develop, all while ensuring that SLA's are maintained and that client expectations are met to the highest standards. You'll have a 'can-do' attitude and get a buzz from getting tricky problems sorted.
* Provide leadership and management of the Service Desk team and communicate and promote the value of the Service Desk through data and reporting
* Ownership and development of Service Desk Systems, Remote Management and Monitoring Systems as well as other systems to automate, refine and improve the effectiveness of delivering excellent support services to their clients
* To build and develop upon the existing IT service desk environment and the Service Desk Team, to ensure Service Desk targets are achieved.
* Define, review, assess and implement KPIs, SLA's, processes and procedures to continually improve performance; managing those standards, achieving 97% overall customer satisfaction.
* Determine, manage and monitor service level achievement, taking action where service levels fail or are at risk of failing
* Deliver regular progress reports quantifying team achievements, risks, and plans. Identify and implement service metrics and feedback mechanisms to measure and track team performance.
* Develop and issue monthly service reports, including analysis and commentary of wider trends and issues.
* Development of ITIL best practices including Incident, Problem and Change Management.
* Reviewing existing strengths and weaknesses and aggressively implementing discipline, new processes and procedures to address these
* Develop a continuous roadmap for development and improvement within the department.
* Ensure the Service Desk is adequately and cost-effectively resourced, organised, and motivated to deliver against agreed levels of service.
* In conjunction with the Service Delivery Manager, ownership and refinement of the client on-boarding process.
* A minimum of 2 years' experience in a Team Leader or IT Service Desk Management or similar management positions is a MUST.
* Substantial experience within IT based roles, in a MSP environment.
* Great focus on driving excellence within customer service.
* Strong understanding of technology.
* Good working knowledge of Microsoft product sets.
* Proven ability to work under pressure
* Ability to inspire and support teams and individuals.
* Good people and interpersonal skills to build effective relationships with all levels of professionals.
* Ability to plan well and prioritise work.
* Maintain calmness under pressure.
* Ability to understand as well as grasp basic customer information.
* Ability to handle diverse people.
* Excellent communication, customer service, interpersonal, written and presentation skills.
* Good hands-on technical experience required (ideally have worked your way up from hands on technical).
* Experience/Qualifications in implementing best practice processes
* Experience in developing teams, 1:1s, performance reviews etc.
* Excellent stakeholder management skills
* ITIL Foundation / experience working in an ITIL environment
* Ability to multi-task and prioritise workload
* Excellent Time Management skills
* Knowledge of a broad range of Microsoft products and Windows Servers:
* Windows OS/Server
* Microsoft 365
* Cloud Hosted Solutions/Storage (Azure/Amazon/Google etc)
* Active Directory / MS Exchange and MS Office 365
* Wireless network design, implementation and management of Hyper-V/VM Ware
* Apple OS X and iOS devices (not essential but highly beneficial)
* VoIP systems & handsets
* Network devices, e.g. firewalls UTMs, switches and routers
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; IT Services Manager, Senior Service Desk Engineer, Senior IT Technician, IT Service Desk Technician, IT Desk Support, IT Manager, IT Support Technician, IT Trainer, Senior Support Technician, Technical Support Manager, IT Support Engineer, Software Engineer, Technical Support, IT Support, Helpdesk Support Technician, Helpdesk Support, Fault Desk, IT Systems Engineer, IT Systems Support may also be considered for this role.