Database Administrator (5 - 7 years experience needed) - expired
||£510 Per Day
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Period: 15/12/2018 - 14/06/2019
Conceptualizes designs, develops, integrates, deploys and maintains the data layer and data components by applying specialized knowledge of information, data and database management disciplines to provide world-class solutions for our clients.
Education: Bachelors’ Degree or equivalent experience.
Experience: 5 to 7 years.
An excellent opportunity for a focused and motivated Senior Database administrator to join an expanding team at a time where our client is driving growth and development of big data. Working as part of our on-site Database support team based in Gloucester, the successful candidate will gain the opportunity to work with the cutting edge of multiple technologies in an environment where day to day business as usual support is often mixed with project related workload to achieve the best results.
- 5+ years of Database administration experience across both MS SQL and ORACLE Database technologies.
- RHEL/OEL 5,6 and 7
- Install, configure database binaries
- Backup/Recovery procedures and scripting
- Database Replication
- Database Server Clustering and failover
- Sharding (MongoDB only)
- High Availability (ORACLE RAC, MS SQL Always ON)
- Disaster Recovery
- Write and maintain scripts to automate DBA tasks - Powershell, Unix Shell Scripting.
- Database monitoring tools e.g. ORACLE Cloud Control, HP Ops Manager.
- Troubleshoot database related issues
- Ensure data security and integrity of databases
- Perform routine, periodic and proactive operation and monitoring
- Optimise and tune database performance and SQL queries
- Experience with Virtual and Physical platforms
- Experience with other Database technologies such as Mongo, MySQL, Sybase, Postgres will be considered an advantage.
- Vendor DBA certification
- Good interpersonal skills for communicating with management, employees and third parties
- Strong communication skills
- Good organization and personnel management skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to notice processes that can be automated and willingness to investigate/solve the challenge