1st Line IT Technical Support / IT Support Engineer
||£20,985 - £25,182
Job Title: 1st Line IT Technical Support
Salary: EUR25,000 - EUR30,000
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
"When you're at the start of your IT career, exposure to new technology, access to experienced engineers that can mentor and teach you, and opportunities to be promoted are on the top of your mind."
You'll be working with hedge funds, and they tend to invest in their kit... so you can forget everything you know about XP. You won't need it here.
The company are an IT service provider, and given IT is what they do, they have 30 engineers on their team, so there is no shortage of people for you to learn from. They also have an internal trainer that you can request content from, as well as a lab environment for you to practise with. They are the fastest growing IT company in Kent (based on the 2018 Mega Growth List), as well as the 2018 Swale Employer of the Year too.
* You will be responsible for all desktop fixes, supporting users remotely and over the phone.
* You'll be troubleshooting Windows 7 & 10, managing active directory and group policy, and liaising with third party support teams and vendors.
* You'll gain exposure to Exchange 07 - 13 and Windows Servers 08 - 16 as well as switches, firewalls and other networking equipment.
* Your success will be measured with KPIs centred around ticket closures, call answer times and accurate logging in our ticket system.
* We don't limit your access to systems, so you'll never again have to pass over a ticket you know you are capable of handling.
* You will need exposure to a helpdesk support position, with good knowledge around Microsoft Windows OS, Active Directory, and general remote user support.
* You'll need to be comfortable on the phones, as that is a big part of the role.
You'll be based at in our WeWork Landings private office along River Liffey. The private office is available for when you need to focus but you also have access to communal working spaces for when you want to be in a busier atmosphere. There are social areas to eat and take breaks in including table tennis, books, and board games. The community in the building is warm and friendly, and there are weekly events and happy hours run by visitors and other businesses in the building.
You will be provided include a EUR2000 training budget to go towards the professional development of your choice, a mobile phone, a laptop, 29 days annual leave including bank holidays.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of: 1st Line Field Engineer, IT Technician, IT Service Desk Technician, IT Desk Support, 1st Line Support, 1st Line Helpdesk Engineer, IT Support Technician, 1st Line Support Engineer, IT Support Field Engineer, 1st Line Support Technician, Technical Support, IT Field Engineer, 1st Line Technician, Helpdesk Support Technician, IT Systems Engineer, IT Systems Technician, IT Systems Support may also be considered for this role.