||£55,000 - £65,000
A brand-new opportunity has arisen for an Oracle DBA to an expanding and innovative blue-chip company at their Head Office in Hatfield. The primary objective of the Oracle DBA is to resolve operational problems rapidly and provide feedback and support to ensure Service Levels are adhered to, as well as working with developers to proactively develop the Oracle environment.
Working as an Oracle DBA, your role will include:
* Engaging in and improving the whole lifecycle of Oracle services; from inception and design, through deployment, and operational support.
* Maintaining services once they are live by measuring and monitoring metrics, such as availability, latency, query throughput and overall system health, against SLOs.
* Scaling AIX- and Linux-based Oracle systems through automation and API self-service, patching, performance tuning, and evolving services by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
* Providing guidance to developer teams relating to designing and building database solutions for applications.
To be considered for the Oracle DBA position, you will need to demonstrate:
* In-depth engineering experience of Oracle DB & OEM, including installation, configuration, backups, HA, and replication. Exposure to RMAN, Dataguard, ASM, PL/SQL, and Datapump would be strongly favoured.
* Strong Python and/or Unix Scripting skills
* Professional use of Oracle 12 or 12.2. is desirable.
This is an excellent opportunity for an Oracle DBA to undertake technically stretching work in a stimulating and sociable environment, where you can push technological boundaries and create solutions to problems people haven't even thought about yet.
Location: Hatfield, Hertfordshire
Salary: £55K - £65K (depending on experience) + benefits
Apply for further details and immediate consideration.
Understanding recruitment is acting as an agency on behalf of this vacancy.