Programme Manager - London
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Programme Manager (Lloyds Insurance)
Im seeking a Programme Manager (IT) to join an esteemed London Market Insurer in Central London on a permanent basis. Youll be delivering IT solutions in support of the proposed TOM.
Applicants must have relevant Insurance experience (pref. London Market)
The Programme Manager is accountable for the delivery of all aspects of the various programs/projects that execute within the Domain they support. They are responsible for creating and managing the supporting project plans, business expectations, steering committees, budget, risks and issues and in general, all the project governance mechanisms.
As a programme manager you will report to the Head of Business Engagement, CIO or within the IT Management Services organization. The role will be focused on delivering the IT solutions in support of the proposed business Target Operating Model.
* Review plans of individual projects and enhancement releases
* Direct and manage all resources required to deliver the programme
* Delivery of defined IT capability necessary to support the programme
* Identify and manage cross project dependencies
* Request periodic project reports from individual project leaders
* Ensuring adequate project management controls & documentation are in place that will ensure successful delivery and satisfy all Audit & PMO reviews
* Work with other Project Managers and Programme Managers to prioritize resources within the team, identifying and resource gaps against plan at the earliest opportunity
* Manage conflict between individual project or enhancement teams
* Ensure that priorities are clearly understood and that target delivery dates provided and communicated to stakeholders are achieved
* Deliver accurate status reports containing workstream progress, upcoming milestones, changes to milestones, issues, risks & financial status, on a regular & ad-hoc basis as required
* Build effective relationships & communication channels with the Business Change Teams
* Manage, monitor, control and report on program budget
* Asses and manage risk for the program, develop and implement contingency plans
* Develop program management standards and methodologies to achieve program goals, assist in strategies to develop a stronger project management team as required
* Prepare overall program plan, set program goals and deliverables
Required Education/Training & Experience:
* 10 or more years experience with project management in the P&C Insurance industry preferred
* 5 or more years experience executing large programs of work, coordinating multiple projects within the program
* Bachelors degree in Business or Computer Science
* PMP, PgMP, Six Sigma certification (or similar relevant credential) preferred
* Experience managing vndors working within an application development outsourcing model
programme manager, programme, IT Management, delivery, TOM, target operating model, CIO