Senior Project Manager
||Cambridge, CB2 8EA
||£50,000 - £55,000
||depending on experience
What it’s about
We are looking to recruit an experienced Senior Project Manager to join our team, with a focus on E2E lifecycle delivery of large scale and/or complex IT projects in infrastructure or application development. This is an exciting opportunity to play an active part in responding to business initiatives, proposing and negotiating appropriate ways to address business problems and opportunities. As a Senior Project Manager you will be responsible for establishing and leading enterprise-wide, cross functional strategic and operational initiatives.
What you’ll be doing
The successful candidate will be:
• Engaging with senior stakeholders and ensuring their expectations are met
• Leading, managing and motivating a team of people with different areas of expertise and capability
• Producing and maintaining a risk plan and managing issues to reduce impact
• Ensuring outputs meet quality criteria and that the project does not proceed without a clearly articulated scope
• Directing large-scale or complex projects often involving multiple internal and external constituents and third parties
• Being accountable for one or more initiatives
• Directly managing all aspects of the project life cycle and working with IT partners to oversee all phases of a project
• Rigorously managing scope to ensure commitments are achieved within agreed upon time, cost and quality parameters
• Validating financial forecasts and providing on-going reconciliation of resources and other related project expenditures
• Developing communication plans and interfaces to execute on responsibilities
• Representing the project in various project governance and inter-department forums
• Defining and tracking project milestones while developing, maintaining, and reporting on an overall integrated delivery plan
• Developing the required project management artefacts
• Preparing periodic project status reports.
• Proposing recommendations and adjustments.
What we’re looking for
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
• The proven ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders; mobilize and motivate teams; set direction and approach; resolve conflict; deliver tough messages with grace
• An awareness of business change management
• Ability to be highly organised and to produce plans at an appropriate level to manage people and activities
• The ability to navigate a highly matrixed organization effectively.
• Extensive experience in E2E lifecycle management of transformation projects, which involve development and implementation of applications
• The ability to communicate at all levels with clarity and precision both written and verbally
• Extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of project management methodologies and tools
Who we are
Cambridge Assessment is Europe's largest assessment group, incorporating three major awarding bodies. It plays a leading role in researching, developing and delivering assessment to eight million candidates in 170 countries every year. The Group is a department of the University of Cambridge and a not-for-profit organisation.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader and be rewarded with valuable learning opportunities, a competitive salary and benefits.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive package of benefits to help with your life both inside and outside of work:
• Generous contributory pension
• 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
• Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
• Enhanced maternity/paternity pay and childcare voucher scheme
• Childcare vouchers
• Employee discount and cash back scheme at 2,500 retailers
• Cycle scheme
• Season Ticket Loan
• Subsidised staff restaurants
• Support for professional qualifications
• Discounted access to the University of Cambridge Sport Centre, along with various other local gyms.
We know that diversity of thinking, backgrounds and approaches leads to innovation and creates an atmosphere where everyone’s contribution is valued. As well as wanting to create diverse teams, we also value diversity in the way our people approach their work. Work/life balance is important to us at Cambridge Assessment and we offer our colleagues a range of flexible working options according to the needs of the business and the individual, so please let us know of any flexible working requirements when applying and we can see how we can support you.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 28/11/2018 and interviews will be held on the following week.
To apply, please upload CV and covering letter by clicking the APPLY button.
If you’re successful at interview stage we will ask you to undergo background screening (carried out by Credence Background Screening Ltd), to ensure that all information provided to us is accurate. We wish you all the very best with your application.
CAMBRIDGE ASSESSMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER