Technical Services Engineer
||29th October 2018
||£40000 - £40000
||DOE Plus Benefits
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Technical Services Engineer
London, EC1R (office/field based, with travel to customer sites across London and the South of England)
Up to £40,000 DOE Plus Pension Scheme, Laptop, Mobile Phone, 20 Days’ Holiday (rising with service)
Backbone is an IT managed service provider that specialises in providing small and medium sized businesses with a comprehensive range of local on-premise and cloud based IT services.
With a growing portfolio of over 175 customers, we operate in a very busy and demanding space where needs change fast and new projects and opportunities are constantly becoming available.
We’re now looking for a Technical Services Engineer to help maintain, develop, secure and improve the services delivered to our Managed Services customers.
As a Technical Services Engineer, you will:
- Manage the lifecycle of local and cloud based infrastructures
- Work to enhance existing cloud products and services
- Provide onsite escalation for Service desk activities
- Identify and propose solutions to customers’ issues
- Contribute to the ongoing development of technical standards and documents
- Spend approximately 50% of your role visiting customers to service their needs.
To join us as a Technical Services Engineer, you’ll need great communication skills. Experience of the following is also essential:
- Windows OS (Windows 10)
- TCP/IP Networking (routing and switching in wired and wireless LAN/WAN environments)
- Microsoft Office 365, Exchange Online and Azure
- x86 Server hardware
- MS Office 2016 and common desktop software
- Fortinet network security hardware
- VoIP (Skype for Business)
- Terminal services, Group Policy, registry and user profiles and Active Directory
- Windows server 2016
- Windows server builds, file server / DFS, IIS and clustering
- Internet connectivity
- Office moves
- Desktop client refresh
- Server infrastructure refresh
Knowledge of the following would be beneficial: MaaS360, VMware Horizon DaaS or Horizon View 6+, VMware, vSphere v5.5 and above, scripting or Linux.
We’d love to hear from you if you’ve worked as a Technical Support Engineer, Service Desk Engineer, Helpdesk Engineer, Infrastructure Engineer, Infrastructure Support Analyst, IT Support Analyst, Cloud Support Analyst or IT Support Engineer.
What are the benefits?
- The flexibility to work from home when necessary
- Become a key member of a small, but rapidly growing team
- Opportunities to get involved in various areas of the business
- Get involved with a range of projects
- Take on a varied and challenging role where no two days are the same
- Vibrant and engaging work environment
Webrecruit and Backbone are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
To apply for the role of Technical Services Engineer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.