Software Engineer - Air Research
||24th October 2018
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
QinetiQ comprises teams of dedicated people; experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. We draw on our extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world’s most challenging problems.
Our people make the critical difference to customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don’t you join some of the world’s finest scientific and technical minds and help us make tomorrow work today?
Job description/ Personal specification
QinetiQ supports the delivery of innovative research and products into the air autonomy domain and used in reconnaissance, delivery and as targets. We use a variety of software tools to operate, manage and oversee the environment and autonomous vehicle(s) that combine embedded software, synthetic environments, communication networks and much more to achieve our goals.
You will be working as part of a cross-functional team and contributing to a number of mission critical projects in the portfolio from commercial R&D to product development; working closely with our customers to ensure we're on track and can exceed their expectations in delivering ground-breaking work.
We operate a flexible resourcing system so you will have opportunities to develop into other domains that QinetiQ is involved with to increase the breadth of your experience.
- Full lifecycle software development from concept through to delivery
- Ensuring code & documentation meets functional & quality requirements
- Estimation of effort for small/medium tasks
- Working collaboratively with the team and wider engineering community to deliver projects and improve how we work
- Self-motivated: you see opportunities rather than issues
- Collaborative: the team can accomplish more than individuals
- Problem Solver: you can articulate and deliver solutions
- Curious: You want to understand the why and how of things
Essential experience & qualities
- Degree in engineering/technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Software engineering skills with knowledge of C, C++, Python or C#
- Agile software development practices
- Experience of software design, development environment and test tools.
Some of the technologies we work with
- C++, C#, Matlab & Python
- DDS (Data Distribution Service)
- DIS (Distributed Interactive Simulation)
- OpenGL and computer graphics
- VxWorks (RTOS) and ROS (Robot Operating System)
If this sounds like you, click APPLY now!