Office 365 Engineer
||Cobalt Business Park, Newcastle
Avanade is looking for an Office 365 Engineer/ Analyst to join our growing Infrastructure Services practice. based in Colbalt Business Park. The office is easily accessible by bus or a car (parking on site is available).
About Office 365 Engineer role:
Working within an established team, the role of the Office365 engineer will be to work closely with our customers to assist them in their migration and onboarding activities to the Office365 platform.
We believe this is an excellent opportunity for candidates to bring existing knowledge in Microsoft technology, ideally with experience of Microsoft365, and develop into true SME’s in onboarding. Additional training and upskilling will be provided however a broad understanding of O365, and the on-premise equivalents (e.g. Exchange) is required.
This is also a fantastic route into our consulting capability, with the opportunity to develop both technical and consulting skills. A strong background customer service and management highly beneficial.
The role will offer flexibility in working location, including incorporating a balance of office, home working and travel across the UK.
What does it take to become our Office 365 Engineer?
• Experience in O365 technologies with experience of 2 or more of the following: Exchange, SharePoint, One Drive for Business, Skype for Business, Teams, AADP and Intune.
• Understanding of O365 migrations and onboarding activities
• 1-3 years of systems engineering or support type role
• Highly customer service focused, with the ability to present material via virtual sessions, and to engage effectively with customers remotely.
• Must be able to converse in the language with Business owners and executives
• 1 or more MCP certifications or higher
• MCSA in Office 365 advantageous, you will be expected to complete certification within 6 months (funded by Avanade)
Desirable Skills (not essential):
• Experience of EMS (Intune, AADP)
Office 365 Engineer day to day duties:
• Execute, manage and lead a set of customers thru the Onboarding technical and support process.
• Support and resolve customer deployment issues.
• Develop, foster and maintain highly effective customer relationships.
• Assist customers and partners with configuration of onboarding tools and processes technology.
• Analyze, develop and communicate key Onboarding process and technology improvement feedback for Onboarding services and entire deployment cycle.
• Maintain strong working knowledge of the Office365 service, and all required tools and products.
• Interact daily with other engineers to provide and share technical issue resolution knowledge and deployment/adoption processes best practices.
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 30,000 digitally connected people across 24 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at avanade[.com]
What we offer:
This is an exciting and rewarding role to be in. You will have an exposure to work on different top Microsoft stack technologies but also a great opportunity to develop yourself.
• We encourage our employees to cross-train and develop their skills around different Microsoft technologies
• We are looking for people with a real passion, dynamic approach and enthusiasm for technology.
• You’ll have opportunities for career growth and personal development, including continuing professional technology training and management training
If you would like to find out more, please click apply now!