8th October 2018
£38000 - £38000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Ordnance Survey (OS) is the national mapping agency for Great Britain, and a world-leading geospatial data and technology organisation. As a reliable partner to government, business and citizens across Britain and the world, OS helps its customers in virtually all sectors improve quality of life. OS expertise and data supports efficient public services and infrastructure, new technologies in transport and communications, national security and emergency services and exploring the great outdoors. By being at the forefront of geospatial capability for more than 225 years, we’ve built a reputation as the world’s most inspiring and trusted geospatial partner.
- Salary - Circa £38,000
- Competitive pension
- 37 hour working week with flexible working hours
- 25 days annual leave - (30 days after five years) bank holidays and an extra 3 over Christmas
- Training & Development
- Paid volunteer day
- Bike to Work scheme (with secure bike storage and excellent changing facilities)
- Free onsite parking
- Subsidised on-site staff restaurant
- On-site nursery
- Very generous staff benefits including over 500 discounts from national stores
- Wide variety of sports and social clubs
- Support for your health and wellbeing from eye care vouchers to health checks
About the role:
Your role will include daily contact with stakeholders and team members. Code will be written to best practices and will be secure and tested using the TDD approach. You will regularly participate in team estimation activities and are encouraged to identify opportunities to maximise development benefit within your team. You will be required to understand business and User Experience requirements and work with agile teams to develop the appropriate software development components.
There may be the opportunity to provide 3rd Line level support for existing Live systems. Therefore, the abilities to learn quickly and think creatively is essential.
You will have a proven track record of building applications through to production. You are pragmatic, and you understand how to build apps that scale. You share our love of technologies and enjoy learning new ones.
You will also need to demonstrate your track record against the following essential criteria:
- Qualified to relevant degree level (or equivalent commercial experience)
- Proven technical skills in Software Engineering
- Good knowledge of frontend frameworks like React, HTML and CSS
- Good Knowledge of modern engineering best practice
- Proven track record in iterative and incremental development
- Excellent communication skills
- Very good track record in problem resolution and selection of technical solutions and applications
Closing date: Monday 22nd October 2018