Senior Software Engineer (Front End)
||+ extensive benefits and bonus
The job in a nutshell
Everything we do is about making our services better, easier and faster so that the people who use GoCompare can save time on saving money.
Our engineering teams are already embracing our tech values of simplicity, intelligence and beauty, and put them at the heart of our digital evolution
Their commitment to our renewed way of thinking is inspiring to see. We’re focused on new collaborations and career pathways, hacks and innovation, automation, TDD, CI and CD, and that’s just for starters.
Are you a front end developer/engineer whom would like to work with exciting technology in a market leading ecommerce business?
If so, GoCompare Group are looking for a talented Software Engineer to join the team in our Newport office.
You will support the successful delivery of company products by providing software engineering execution and contributing to improvements in the overall delivery process.
Skills and experience you’ll need to have
• Using Version Control such as Git and/or TFS to work effectively in a team environment.
• Able to build responsive Front-End layouts that scale across all screen sizes.
• A keen eye for design and passionate about maintaining a Designer’s vision with clean code.
• Working in a Node.js environment using technologies such as Node, NPM, Webpack, Gulp..
• Experience in technical leadership & mentoring of software engineering teams
• Demonstrable experience acting as part of a coherent and effective cross-technology team
What you’ll be responsible for
• Develops and delivers software applications in line with defined process and policy (e.g. peer review, coding standard and deployment process).
• Practices delivery of high quality code in primary OO or functional programming language.
• Produces clear and concise documentation to support software applications.
• Troubleshoots and supports existing IT application solutions to determine issues and provide remedies.
• Collaborates in planning and delivering software demonstrations to assist in the progress and handover of project and BAU work.
• Practices the continuous evolution of an agile environment based on the agile manifesto and the 12 guiding principles.
• Leads collaboration with technical and product members within a squad.
• Provides though leadership within the team.
Who you’ll be working with
• Collaborates with test engineers to design, build and test effective applications.
• Works with wider Tech teams to ensure everyone works towards one vision
• Works with Product Managers to help shape backlogs and deliver timely roadmap features
GoCompare.com Group plc (GOCO) operates GoCompare, a leading UK financial services, utilities and home services comparison website; and recently acquired The Global Voucher Group Limited (trading as MyVoucherCodes), which is a digital media and affiliate marketing specialist that connects consumers with money saving offers from the world's leading brands.
GoCompare attracts approximately five million visits every month and is designed to help people save time and money. When GoCompare launched in 2006 it disrupted the insurance market as the first comparison website to display policy details rather than just listing prices. GoCompare's goal was then, and still is now, to help people make better-informed buying decisions that save them time and money.
MyVoucherCodes.co.uk is one of the UK's biggest discount voucher websites. It launched in November 2006 and provides sales, discount and voucher code information to millions of consumers across the UK every month.
GoCompare.com Group plc uses data captured from more than 20 million customers over the last 11 years to underpin its drive to continually improve its proposition and leverage its strong position.
The Group is also an investor in Souqalmal.com, the leading comparison business in the Middle East; and in promising fintech start up MortgageGym, the mortgage robo-adviser.
GoCompare embraces diversity and truly believe in equal opportunities for all. We believe that inclusion and diversity increases creativity, delivers innovation, improves performance and better serves our customers.
We truly believe in the ethos that companies with greater diversity perform better than those without. It is for these reasons that all qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of age, race, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, parental status, disability, educational background or any other characteristic for that matter that doesn’t relate to your ability to perform the role.
GoCompare offer a competitive benefits package including:
• Flexible working hours available to all
• Share save scheme
• Matched pension (up to 6%)
• 25 days holidays plus bank holidays
• Birthday day off
• Enhanced maternity and paternity policies
• Death in service
• Private medical cover
• Buy and sell holiday options
• Extra holidays for length of service