Automation Test Engineer
As an Automation Test Engineer, supporting the Cash Equities Division, you will be focused on the hardest, most interesting aspects of delivering high quality software to our customer and clients. In the role you’ll gain hands-on experience developing test automation for Option Trading and Equities Trading platforms. You’ll be part of a truly global team within our Commercial Growth Initiative, helping drive innovation across Investment Bank Technology to benefit our customers and clients.
If you have strong Automation Testing experience in Java, and want to make a big impact in a global organisation, Barclays is the place for you: Because we’re always developing - you should be too.
About Barclays International Commercial Growth Initiative
The Barclays International Markets business is making a major technology investment and has mobilised the Commercial Growth Programme to drive an ambitious revenue growth plan focused on maintaining and building our trading capabilities. This initiative will see a major boost to Technology resource talent who will work on a wide range of leading edge technology programmes. We have identified over 600 roles to be hired across Pre-Trade Technology, Post Trade Technology and Risk, Finance and Treasury Technology globally, including key hubs in London, New York, Glasgow, Pune and Prague. We are hiring creative and driven Technologists, from a wide range of industry sectors that have exposure to high availability and high transactional online systems. There has never been a more exciting time to join Barclays International.
• Work closely with Project Leads and supervise his/her global staff in the testing of various applications used to support the trading business globally, which includes:
• Release timeline & management, prioritization of resources, automation and ultimate responsibility for delivery of bug free release
• Responsible for testing across multiple business flows, regions and systems - Including Front, Middle and Back office
• Work closely with Equities Technology peers, including Development Managers, Developer teams, Business Analysts and UAT QA team to ensure requirements and scope are clearly understood prior to release testing and automation development
• Design and develop automation priority for application and front to back levels
• Manage an automation team through Agile working methodology to create and assign tasks, hold sprint planning meetings, end of sprint demos and open for continuous Agile process improvement
• Act as the central point of contact for High Touch release management, processes improvement, automation priority and resource allocation
• Full ownership of QA, SIT test environments, timing of code upgrades/deployments and owning static data refreshes in-line with the support of overall testing efforts.
• Degree level education or equivalent experience
• Proven Automated QA experience with Java
• Demonstrable experience of the following technologies is required:
• Ability to write, execute and evaluate an automation book of work, reduce regression timeline and improve the testing coverage - at the system and front to back level
• Prior experience executing/supporting Grey box, White box, and Back box testing
• Prior experience testing/supporting trade capture and risk modelling
• Experience in Investment Banking Testing and of Fix protocol with trading knowledge
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.