We are looking for an experienced UI Developer to join our growing Investment Bank technology team. You will play a key role in development support, enhancement and build-out of core applications within our Investment Bank portfolio. You will develop using leading edge technologies in collaboration with a truly globally distributed development team. As part of IB Technology in our Commercial Growth Initiative you’ll be part of a major innovation project, improving award winning platforms and enhancing applications across the portfolio.
If you have strong experience developing medium to large size HTML5 applications, with exposure and understanding of front and back-end languages/technologies. And you want to find new applications for your code, making a big impact on a global scale, then Barclays is the place for you: Because we’re always developing - you should be too.
About Barclays International Commercial Growth Initiative
The Barclays International Markets business is making a major technology investment and has mobilised the Commercial Growth Programme to drive an ambitious revenue growth plan focused on maintaining and building our trading capabilities. This initiative will see a major boost to Technology resource talent who will work on a wide range of leading edge technology programmes. We have identified over 600 roles to be hired across Pre-Trade Technology, Post Trade Technology and Risk, Finance and Treasury Technology globally, including key hubs in London, New York, Glasgow, Pune and Prague. We are hiring creative and driven Technologists, from a wide range of industry sectors that have exposure to high availability and high transactional online systems. There has never been a more exciting time to join Barclays International.
• The role is 100% hands-on with 80% development and 20% support
• You will develop high quality maintainable code
• You will make technical decisions that require a strong understanding of the problem domain
• You will collaborate and communicate globally with other developers to build technical solutions
• You will have a strong knowledge of software development methods, tools and standards and actively keep this knowledge current (i.e. desire to learn)
• You will adhere to Policies & Standards appropriate to the role - outlined in the Code of Conduct and mandatory training.
• Experience developing application in Core Java for general server side development
• Proven Agile experience (preferably Scrum/Kanban)
• Knowledge of Equity Derivatives/Structured products and HTTP protocol and web services
• Experience providing support and resolving production issues and cross-region teams and projects
• Experience with HighCharts, Spring Framework, and writing Oracle PL/SQL code
• Experience building systems in trading, banking and/ or financial organization
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.