Senior Cloud Engineer / Architect (Azure)
||IXL PremFina Ltd.
Senior Cloud Engineer Architect (Azure)
PremFina Ltd is a fast growing; venture capital backed premium finance company that promotes financial inclusion by enabling the payment of insurance premiums via instalments. Based in Mayfair, London, it supplies insurance brokers with funding lines and also enables self-funding by insurance brokers and MGAs via its Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) affiliate IXL PremFina Ltd. PremFina’s shareholders include global investors Rakuten Capital, Draper Esprit Plc, Thomvest Ventures, Emery Capital, Rubicon Venture Capital, Talis Capital and the company’s founder.
PremFina is looking to hire an experienced Azure cloud engineer to fit into the existing IT team and bolster the development and testing side of PremFina’s software application along with new digital projects in the cloud. The role isn’t necessarily about getting an experienced cloud engineer with several years of cloud experiences. It is about candidates who are keen to be innovate, be agile, adapt and have modern cloud technology skillset experiences.
The ideal candidate will have strong knowledge of Azure, cloud infrastructure and IT operations alongside commercial experience working with Kubernetes and other containers.
Within this role you will primarily be involved with the design and development of infrastructure or application components within a highly agile team.
• Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Azure Cloud, SQL, Cloud Storage, Azure Backup, Azure Portal, Azure Active Directory. Prior
commercial experience in designing and operating cloud systems design, specifically Azure.
• PowerShell scripting
• Experience working with continuous integration platforms, IaaS and PaaS technologies.
• A strong technical and architecture background
• Experience in the configuration, management, and troubleshooting of Azure Storage / Networking / Database
• A working understanding/knowledge of traffic managers, Load balancers and Load balancing methodology.
• Working knowledge of Backup and Recovery
• Configuration of Backup, Patching and Monitoring of servers and services.
• In depth knowledge of configuring and managing Linux and Windows environments
• Demonstrates an advanced understanding of directory services (AD and LDAP)
• Demonstrates an understanding of Networking (NSGs, Firewalls, VNets, VPNs, Gateways, Routing, VLAN)
• Expertise in infrastructure as a service and operations technologies such as Terraform, Serverless, Azure Monitor, Docker, Kubernetes,
Cloud functions, and scalable messaging systems (Rabbit, ActiveMQ, Kafka), GPU computing in the cloud.
• Automation and integrating
• Experience managing continuous integration services such as (TeamCity, Gitlab or Jenkins)
• Experience in designing and implementing scalable secure cloud-based solutions
As a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer you will be working closely alongside developers, designers, project managers, Analysts and tech leads where you will ultimately be responsible for cloud infrastructure, along with continuous build, test and deployment processes within the IT management.
• You will be will be working in an agile way to help ensure the environments /cloud infrastructure are built to an efficient way whilst keeping to best practices for deployments.
Nice to Have Experience of
• Cloud Solution Architect certification (Azure AWS GCP)
• Programming experience (Java, Go, Python, Bash, PowerShell, etc.)
• Proven Experience of microservices and container-based systems (Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos)
• Linux (Preferably) and/or Windows sysadmin certification
• Experience of agile project management approaches and tools (e.g. Atlassian Jira/Confluence)
• ITIL experience
• Experience with Oracle Database DB Admin
• Familiarity with open source cloud and application platforms
• Understanding of other public cloud services (AWS, GCP)Ideally the successful applicant will possess the below skills and
• Be Agile - Happy to adapt and change according to changing requirements as expected in a growing start-up organization
• Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written, are essential
• Willingness to serve clients and be empathetic to their needs
• High attention to detail and a keen emphasis on accuracy
• Ability to work to deadlines, along with the flexibility to manage changing priorities and the ability to multi-task
• Proven ability to sustain high level of performance under pressure and remain focused
• Ability to self-motivate, self-manage and work both autonomously and as part of a team
• Experience and passion for finding solutions to problems that haven’t been solved before.
• Feels passionately about quality and takes pride in their work.
• Believes in validation through software and rapid prototyping.
• Fluent in English (verbal and written) and loves to work, learn, and teach others.?Driven and self-reliant, without losing
track of the "big
• Team-first outlook including building great working relationships with peers across functions
• Support the success and development of others in the team
When applying for this role, please email with your CV and quote "Senior Cloud Engineer/Architect” in the subject line of your email application.