A fire and security company founded in 2000 are seeking an Electronic Security Systems Engineer to join their expanding team. They have grown to become one of the leading Fire and Security Systems Integrators in the UK through the utilisation of advanced and pioneering security technologies. They project manage, design and deliver bespoke security solutions to blue chip organisations throughout Britain.
This is a field-based role with the majority off sites located in the North West of England.
As an IT Engineer you will:
- Be involved in a whole range of support scenarios and projects. This will include gaining exposure to cutting edge security technology including intelligent based surveillance video analytics and bio-metrics.
- Provide support for IP-based security solutions that include: Video - IPCCTV, Voice - VoIP (SIP Intercoms, Handsets and Servers), Switches & Routers, VLANs, QoS, IPv4/6, Static routes, VPN’s, ACL’s *, basic support for Windows Clients and Servers.
- Work with clients and colleagues at all levels on solutions to problems.
- Work flexible and visit project sites if required.
- Proactively engage in formal and informal CPD on relevant products and topics.
- Implement best practices, particularly when it comes to cyber-security.
The ideal IT Engineer will have the following skills and experience:
- Keen interest in Server and Network-based technologies.
- Analytical with excellent attention for detail.
- Ability to identify and solve problems.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively across a small project team.
- Able to manage multiple tasks and priorities to meet deadlines.
Although not essential as training will be provided to the right candidate, experience of the following security solutions would be advantageous:
- Genetec - Video, Access Control, Sipelia
- 2:1 degree in Computer Networks (or similar degree).
- Cisco CCNA/CCNP
- Foundation Degree in Computers and Networking
- CompTIA Network+
Due to the nature of the role the Engineer must hold a current driving license and able to provide a 5 year checkable history.
In return the IT Engineer will receive a salary of £26,000 - 30,000 depending on skills and experience paid travel time after 30 mins each way, healthcare, phone and laptop.