AVP, .NET Developer
As a .NET Developer in New York you will be accountable for high quality software design, development, and delivery activities across our eTrading platforms. You will be part of our Commercial Growth Initiative, helping drive innovation across technology within our Investment Bank. We are looking for ambitious developers, with exceptional technical and communication skills, to work collaboratively across regions and teams to deliver robust designs and solutions.
If you have strong .NET capability, the ambition to learn new applications for your code, and want to have a greater impact in a global organisation, Barclays is the place for you: Because we’re always developing - you should be too.
About Barclays International Commercial Growth Initiative
The Barclays International Markets business is making a major technology investment and has mobilised the Commercial Growth Programme to drive an ambitious revenue growth plan focused on maintaining and building our trading capabilities. This initiative will see a major boost to Technology resource talent who will work on a wide range of leading edge technology programmes. We have identified over 600 roles to be hired across Pre-Trade Technology, Post Trade Technology and Risk, Finance and Treasury Technology globally, including key hubs in London, New York, Glasgow, Pune and Prague. We are hiring creative and driven Technologists, from a wide range of industry sectors that have exposure to high availability and high transactional online systems. There has never been a more exciting time to join Barclays International.
Reporting to the Macro Implementation Lead, the .NET developer will be accountable for high quality software design, development, and delivery activities across several Commercial Growth Initiatives. The primary responsibilities of the .NET Developer will cover, but not limited to:
• Work on all stages of the development lifecycle
• Own problems and drive through solutions
• Working with the business, analysts, peers and project managers to understand and deliver requirements
• Analyse requirements to find the most appropriate technical solution
• Document designs and communicate them with the team
• Ensure adherence to technical standards & SDLC including quality measures
• Work with the Delivery team globally and escalate any technical issues, roadblocks or project risks to the Program Implementation Lead
• Support the Program Manager with estimations relating to the specialized areas or components
• Participate in daily stand-up or scrum meetings
• 4+ years of .NET Development experience with strong debugging skills
• 4+ years of solid experience in component and object oriented programming/design
• Experience with source control management systems, continuous integration/deployment environments, automated testing, object-oriented and service-oriented application development techniques and theories
• Experience integrating complex systems and working within an AGILE SDLC lifecycle methodology environment.
• Hands-on coding experience with any scripting languages to automate testing / production environments
• Experience with Microsoft technologies
• Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or engineering related field
• Strong design skills and experience working with high-volume data sets and high-throughput messaging and batch systems
• Experience in a financial institution with exposure to Investment Banking would be of benefit together with general understanding of the finance markets and financial products
• Prior experience with Agile methodologies
• C# (.NET 3.5 and higher), WPF
• Ability to pick up new technologies and business knowledge quickly
• Ability to work well in a team environment
• Highly motivated and self-driven
About Barclays in the US
Barclays offers corporate and investment banking and credit card services in the US. Our 10,000 US colleagues are located in offices across the country, with headquarters in New York City. In 2017, Barclays announced plans to create a world-class campus in Whippany, New Jersey, for our Technology, Operations and Functional teams in the US. Other principal locations include Delaware, Nevada, Ohio and Maine.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.