C++ Developer, AVP (Rushmore Apps Dev/Support)
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
As a C++ Developer in our Fabric, Analytics and Reporting (FAR) macro team you will help build out Barclays’ Intraday Platform, Rushmore. The successful candidate will join this agile team primarily as a full stack developer, working with various groups across Front Office, Quantitative Analytics and IT to analyse and understand complex business requirements; designing and delivering various projects from inception to production.
If you can adapt to a number of languages and technologies (mainly C++, .NET, C#), have the ambition to learn new applications for your code, and want to have a greater impact in a global organisation, Barclays is the place for you: Because we’re always developing - you should be too.
About Barclays International Commercial Growth Initiative
The Barclays International Markets business is making a major technology investment and has mobilised the Commercial Growth Programme to drive an ambitious revenue growth plan focused on maintaining and building our trading capabilities. This initiative will see a major boost to Technology resource talent who will work on a wide range of leading edge technology programmes. We have identified over 600 roles to be hired across Pre-Trade Technology, Post Trade Technology and Risk, Finance and Treasury Technology globally, including key hubs in London, New York, Glasgow, Pune and Prague. We are hiring creative and driven Technologists, from a wide range of industry sectors that have exposure to high availability and high transactional online systems. There has never been a more exciting time to join Barclays International.
· Design and Development: Undertaking a design and development role to continue the build out of the Rushmore pricing platform, designing and implementing solutions for specific projects, as well as contributing to the overall system design and architecture.
· Stakeholder management - Working directly with front office trading, operations and other business users to collect requirements and provide regular status updates and support.
· Support - Working quickly to solve production problems with sound analytical thinking.
· Technical expertise - Introducing and adopting best practices in software development, and collaborating with the team to ensure consistent adoption of best practices.
· Quality Assurance - Designing solutions using a test-driven approach, and driving quality within the team, providing constructive feedback to your colleagues.
· Continuous Improvement - Identifying improvements to the production stack and ensure they are well represented in prioritisation forums.
· Four-year college in Computer Science or equivalent
· 3+ years C++, .Net/C#
· 3+ years scripting language
· Experience with a source control system
· Experience with UI development
· Experience building distributed systems in the financial services sector
· Background in Finance/Maths/Statistics or Advanced degree (MS or higher)
· Fixed Income knowledge
· Knowledge of investment banking, basic derivative pricing and risk
· Trading system knowledge
· Having an interest in gaining a detailed understanding of Fixed Income derivative products
· Experience with Platform or Application; Middleware/Messaging (MQ, Solace); Perl/Python; Coherence; GIT/TeamCity/JIRA: WPF/Unity framework/PRISM/MVVM
About Barclays in the US
Barclays offers corporate and investment banking and credit card services in the US. Our 10,000 US colleagues are located in offices across the country, with headquarters in New York City. In 2017, Barclays announced plans to create a world-class campus in Whippany, New Jersey, for our Technology, Operations and Functional teams in the US. Other principal locations include Delaware, Nevada, Ohio and Maine.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.