Lead Incident Manager
Direct Line Group
14th September 2018
Direct Line Group
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
At Direct Line Group, we're shaping the future. With a mission to make insurance easier and better value for our customers, we embrace change in all its richness and variety. It's not just what we do; it's how we do it. We bring our whole selves to work every day and embrace fresh thinking - after all, Britain is constantly changing and to protect the nation, we adapt with it.
Across our diverse brands - including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege and Green Flag - change takes many forms. We appreciate the knowledge and skills that each one of us brings to the business. It's hard not to be inspired by the things that make us unique. Boldness, curiosity and enthusiasm go a long way. And they're helping us transform the industry we lead.
Purpose of Role
* To ensure effective co-ordination and management of Major Incidents in order to return service as quickly as possible while managing key stakeholder communications and expectations.
* To provide functional leadership of the team of Incident Managers & Incident Analysts.
* Follow Live Services architectures, processes and standards to:
* Act as escalation path for major and critical incidents to ensure service is restored urgently.
* Direct and coordinate the Major Incident process, coordinating activities of resolver teams including specialist support groups / third-party suppliers.
* Monitor and in some circumstances manage escalating or potential service disrupting Incidents at P3 level
* Ensure accurate timely, proactive communications with key stakeholders through Incident / Major Incident lifecycle.
* Ensure 3rd party suppliers fulfil their contractual obligations, especially with regard to SLAs for incidents, root cause analysis, monitoring trends and problem resolution.
* Plan, execute and document appropriate follow up activities relating to Major Incidents ensuring that a Problem Record is created and actioned.
* Monitor performance of the end to end Incident management process across the integrated supply chain.
* Contribute to design and development of Incident Management processes, tools, templates, documents and reports.
* Provide education, guidance to ensure adoption of and adherence to Incident management processes.
* Communicate with internal stakeholders / 3rd party suppliers to highlight risks, issues, dependencies, conflicts and actions needed to improve service quality and stability
* Support the Service Operations Manager in the selection, development, management and motivation of the team in order to deliver required outcomes. Drive resource planning / deployment to optimise use of available resources.
* Identify opportunities for improving service operations processes to drive cost and process efficiencies.
* As a member of the wider SI&O management team; proactively assist operational priorities and assist other teams across the department where required. There may also be a requirement for business related travel.
* The role is on a Rota for managing major incidents on an on-call out of hours basis. From time to time non-standard hours of work may also be required to meet significant operational workloads across SI&O e.g. complex releases into the live environment.
* Demonstrate required behaviours in line with expectations of the role.
* Experience of leading a team of Incident Managers
* Significant Major Incident Management experience
* Strong leadership and management skills with a strong commitment to continuous service improvement
* Strong communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively and clearly with both IT and business stakeholders.
* Excellent influencing and persuasion skills with an inherent ability to demonstrate and sell the benefits of effective incident management.
* Good understanding of SLAs and OLAs and their application within incident management.
* Excellent analytical skills with a commitment to quality standard and a keen eye for detail.
* Ability to chair meetings involving multi technology and 3rd parties
* Ability / willingness to influence progress on incidents
* Good working experience on MS Office tools
* Knowledge of ITIL processes (especially Service Operations)