Agile Project Manager
13th September 2018
£500 - £600
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Agile Project Manager - Government
Summary of the role:
The Project Manager role will lead Case Management IT Projects of varying size and degrees of complexity, as an expert in the field, the Project Manager will work closely with stakeholders to provide consultancy and guidance.
Primarily focused around the delivery of solutions enabled through package based products (e.g. PEGA, Documentum) using Agile methodologies, Project Managers may also be called on to deliver custom developed solutions, business change projects, project audits and assurance reviews.
The role includes:
* Managing a virtual team
* Managing multiple teams within a project
* shaping and resourcing a project team to accomplish project objectives
* building successful working relationships with project team members
* controlling the project cost base
* leading project team and partners to ensure successful delivery
* influencing and managing the key stakeholders effectively
This is a role which will be an exciting challenge for someone looking to deliver technological change against a background of organisational transformation. The successful candidate will be working for an ambitious organisation, with the opportunity to make a difference by delivering new ways of working to all of its end users.
All aspects of project management:
* Accountability for project delivery to cost, time and quality parameters
* Resource demand, scope management and planning.
* Set up and maintain Project repositories, governance plans, reporting mechanisms and artefacts as appropriate
* Develop client relationships at senior management level and influence at board level
* Work with business representatives to ensure that projects deliver value for money and that the Clients achieve the benefits sought
* Support sales and pre-sales activity
* Use your expertise and experience to contribute to the development of approved methods and expanding the knowledge base of best practices
Essential Knowledge, Criteria and Skills
* Experience managing virtual teams
* Experience managing multiple teams within a project
* Knowledge of Agile and Lean concepts as applied at scale
* Communicate fluently, orally and in writing, with ability to present complex and sensitive information to both technical and non-technical audiences
* Facilitate collaboration between stakeholders who share common objectives Plan, schedule and monitor work to meet time and quality targets
* Rapidly absorb new information and applying it effectively
* Maintain an awareness of developing technologies and their application and take responsibility for driving own development
* Ability to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
* High level of numeracy and literacy
* Excellent Stakeholder management
* Commercial awareness with demonstrable experience of operating within commercial restraints
* Knowledge of application of formal project management methodology (e.g. Prince 2).
* Knowledge of a recognised planning tool, such as Microsoft Project or Niku/Clarity.
* Knowledge of project accounting techniques.
If you have the above skills please submit your CV in the first instance.