.Net Developer - Initial 6 month contract
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Software Developer to join an on-site, customer focussed team based in Shipley with one of our major clients for an initial 6 month contract. In this role, you will be responsible for capturing key requirements from the customer, providing appropriate supporting design documentation and be able to rapidly react to changing customer requirements.
Your key accountabilities will include;
* Ensure new development is built in accordance with documented quality controls (e.g. source control, unit testing etc.)
* Ensure that customer requirements and implemented solutions are appropriately documented
* Ensure that appropriate governance is enforced in the approval of new or modified solutions being made available to end users
* Ensure that, where possible, technical skills are shared with the client in an open environment
* Agree solution design and development estimates with key stakeholders
* Report development progress regularly to key stakeholders
* Analyse new technologies that may benefit the customer and use were appropriate.
To be successful in this role, you will be able to demonstrate technical experience in the following;
* Developing web applications (ASP.net MVC, PHP, JSP)
* Designing and developing databases (SQL Server, MYSQL, Oracle)
* Developing using TDD or BDD methodologies
* Working in Agile environments
It is advantageous to have the following experience;
* Developing and deploying cloud based solutions (Azure, AWS)
* Developing OpenSocial gadgets
This is an initial 6 month contract and your hours will be 37.5 hours per week, Monday - Friday 9am - 5:30pm.