Capacity Management Consultant - Contract
||11th September 2018
||£600 - £650
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
KCOM is a leading provider of communications services and IT solutions to organisations and consumers. By listening to and learning from our customers, we design and deliver the right services to connect them with the things that matter.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Capacity Management Consultant to join our team working with one of our key Clients for an initial 2-month contract for the second phase of a business-critical project. The contract will involve analysing capacity processes at a new network operations centre and making recommendations for improvement in process, operational management and financial management. This contract is to start at the beginning of October and you will have up to 5 days on customer site in Blackpool during the contract and the rest of the work can be done remotely or at a KCOM office (we have offices in Ipswich, London, Wakefield, Hemel Hempstead, Exeter and Hull).
What will I be doing?
* Assisting in setting up processes, dashboards and reports to mature the capacity management capability of a new network infrastructure
* Analysing existing processes and recommend improvements in assessing the impact of major change from new services
* Assessing metrics from switch, firewall and network devices and proposing a performance metric dashboard that will aid with alerting and capacity planning
* Determining the high cost impact and defining an approach to measuring load and identifying trigger points for budgeting for additional spend
What do I need for this contract?
* Capacity management experience in a network environment
* Experience of capacity management in Cisco, PaloAlto and F5 devices
* Experience of both performance and financial measurement
* Familiarity with ITIL
* Working in public sector environments (SC clearance notrequired)