Product Manager - CORGI
6th September 2018
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Tell me about the company…
Since 2011 our client has been providing boiler, central heating, plumbing, drains and electric cover to customers and they’re not done yet! With 150,000 customers - and growing - our client is here to challenge the status quo (the big 6) and provide better quality and pricing of home plan cover to consumers across the UK.
Our client became a member of an innovative energy group in May 2017, and is now on a new phase of its journey, with exciting ambitions to aggressively grow its customer base and service offering over the next 2-3 years.
You’ll discover that our client is a proud, challenger brand that never settles for second best. They’re in the business of building a different kind of Energy Company, one where not only their customers benefit from better service and opportunity, but their people do too. Our client was set up to always find a better way and challenge the status quo. They believe in simplicity, transparency and treating people and the planet fairly. But they also believe that attracting and keeping the best talent is key to their bright future, so that’s why their people will always get a chance to share in their success.
The product team is a new and exciting team created to help take our client onto the next phase of its growth through innovation in the insurance policy space. They will be looking to streamline and automate business processes, test commercial opportunities and open up the market for their business to the 850k strong customer base within the group, as well as other markets.
This team will be responsible for end-to-end customer journeys, building and improving the tools used by customers, engineers, and in-house customer service employees.
That sounds great! What will I be doing?
On a day-to-day basis you will be:
- Product Manager for an agile development team based in our client’s offices in Dunfermline
- Working with in-house agile coaches to establish effective agile practices and ceremonies
- Focused on achieving goals and KPIs relating to our client’s ability to sell and manage insurance policies
- Measuring and reporting on key metrics, prioritising and managing a prioritised product backlog accordingly
- Working with stakeholders, designers, developers and hardware suppliers to create and test improvements to the policy management platform to reduce inefficiency and improve customer experience
- Defining the end-to-end customer journey and taking responsibility for its delivery across multiple teams and business units
- Helping roll-out newly developed policies and improving our client’s ability to manage and sell insurance policies
- Iteratively working towards a vision of white-labelled insurance where our client’s policies can be easily integrated into other brand’s ecosystems
- Ensuring the user experience is consistent with all digital products through creating collaborative teams across UX, design and operations
- Understanding your customers through surveys, focus groups or in-depth analytics
- Creating high quality user stories and acceptance criteria in JIRA
- Aligning underpinning business and operational processes where explicable to achieve excellent digital experiences
That sounds super exciting, but… Do I have what it takes?
- At least one year’s experience in product management or business analysis, working with a development team or on change projects
- A degree level qualification or equivalent strong relevant experience
- Passion for digital, agile, software product management
- Good understanding of digital marketing and e-commerce
- A team player who embraces collaboration within your team and across the business
- Commercial awareness and a desire to understand the financial product as well as the technical
- Experience of analytics tools and using data to help prioritise your roadmap
- Want to own, shape, and go all-in on a product
- Passionate about what you do and are highly driven to achieve your professional and personal goals
To apply for the role of Product Manager, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Product Manager, Product Development Manager, Project Manager, Programme Manager, Software Product Manager, Software NPD Manager, New Product Development Manager.