||Circa £22k per annum depending on experience
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Since the early ‘00s, we’ve been a leading provider of websites and other web-based solutions to a wide range of sports clients. We work with customers ranging from clubs to tournaments to governing bodies to deliver a high-availability infrastructure, supporting websites and services for large sporting events that attract over 60,000 unique visitors a minute during peak times.
We pride ourselves on our culture of flexibility and self-management. Our conscientious, self-motivated and committed workforce enjoys an atmosphere of flexible working patterns and reciprocal support.
Over the last two years, Sotic has undertaken a huge migration to the WordPress CMS. This has yielded substantial success for us, culminating in Sotic winning the Creative and Digital Business of the Year 2018 at the Cardiff Business Awards.
We are now looking for a capable and knowledgeable Web Developer to join our experienced front-end team in Cardiff to aid in both new, high-profile projects and also to help maintain our existing client websites and front-end technology stack.
- Building high quality and engaging responsive websites in WordPress.
- Maintaining the front-end technology for our Sotic stats platform ("Widgets").
- Generating ideas and challenging perceptions on our current front-end stack.
- Supporting our existing WordPress websites for our clients.
- Experience with custom WordPress theme development.
- Experience with mobile first, responsive design and development.
- Working knowledge of frameworks such as Bootstrap, Foundation, etc.
The following skills are desirable but not essential for this position.
- Knowledge of working with API’s, XML and JSON feeds
- Knowledge of templating engines on front and back-end technologies (Smarty, Mustache)
- Experience with version control such as Git and SVN
We offer a salary of circa £22k per annum depending on experience. Our office hours are 9:00am to 5:30pm with match support duty, some evening/weekend working (on average 1 weekend day and 1 evening per month) with time off in lieu.
Portfolio or Example pieces are welcome via email or during the interview.