Ecommerce Project Director (Fixed Term - 18 Months)
||Victoria and Albert Museum
As the world’s greatest museum of art and design, the V&A enriches people’s lives by promoting the practice of design and increasing knowledge, understanding and enjoyment of the designed world.
The V&A currently uses a bespoke Ecommerce platform, introduced in 2015, in order to allow the sale and allocation of V&A event tickets alongside merchandise sales in a "single-basket” approach. The current platform has exceeded expectations in the usage by and the effectiveness of the single-basket. The platform has also become increasingly challenging to support and onwardly develop, therefore the V&A are undertaking the procurement of a new, scalable Ecommerce platform that will allow for the growth usage and income whilst allowing increased flexibility in the type of product sold and functionality available.
Purpose of the job
The purpose of the Ecommerce Project Director is to manage the end-to-end delivery of the new Ecommerce platform. The V&A requires someone who has extensive experience in managing the implementation of enterprise level ecommerce platforms.
The ecommerce Project Director is responsible for project communication including status reporting, stakeholder engagement, risk management and ensuring that the project is delivered within budget, on schedule, and within scope.
The role also includes scoping, planning, executing, and monitoring the time, cost and quality aspects of the project and therefore requires someone with proven experience of proactively managing large projects with complex requirements involving multiple internal and external stakeholders.
1. Using formal project management methodologies and tools, take responsibility for delivery of the ecommerce project through the entire project lifecycle, adhering to the agreed governance approach
2. Implement and maintain effective project management and the associated change management processes and documentation
3. Manage the budget and project spend, ensuring all costs/spend are clearly defined and follow V&A procurement policies
4. Proactively manage the chosen supplier relationships to facilitate project delivery
5. Maintain internal and external stakeholder relationships effectively
6. Manage a risks and issues register, highlighting key concerns through the governance structure
7. Manage change effectively in accordance with the V&A’s change management processes
8. Provide regular status updates to key stakeholders and the Senior Management team as required
9. Manage project and other internal staff as required, working with department heads to ensure that required resources are defined in the project plan
10. Be committed to health and safety and ensure familiarity with all of the Museum's health and safety policies and procedures
11. Be security conscious, ensure familiarity and co-operation with all museum security procedures and ensure you wear a security pass at all times when on museum premises
12. Promote equality and diversity in all aspects of your work by developing and maintaining positive working relationships, ensuring that colleagues are treated fairly and with respect/dignity and actively contributing to developments that support the museum’s strategy for widening access, inclusion and diversity
1. Qualification in one or more formal Project Management methodology e.g. Agile, Prince 2
2. Demonstrable experience of managing the implementation of complex, large scale ecommerce programmes
3. Proven experience in managing internal and 3rd part resources efficiently within an ecommerce project framework
4. Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills
5. Proven ability to build and maintain good working relationships with stakeholders and technical experts
6. Relevant experience in the integration of ecommerce platforms with other enterprise platforms
7. Proven ability to effectively present technical information in a creative manner and be able to respond to questions from stakeholders across the organisation
1. Experience of working with external suppliers and partners in the Museum or Heritage sector
2. Experience in acting as subject matter expert on ecommerce environments and platforms
Net working hours (i.e. excluding meal breaks) are 36 per week.
The salary for this role will be £80,000 per annum. Salaries are reviewed on an annual basis.
28 days plus 8 days public holidays
You will be auto enrolled into the Museum’s Group Personal Pension Scheme and have the opportunity on completion of Probation to an enhanced pension provision, including an employer contribution of 10%.
Non-contributory life assurance policy (to value of 4 x annual salary)
An interest free season ticket or bicycle loan is available after three months.
Free entrance to all the major museums and exhibitions in London as well as many others.
Subsidised staff restaurant
Discounts on purchases in V&A shops
Please apply online via the V&A's website by clicking APPLY now.
Interview expenses will not be paid unless there is a prior agreement.